Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

You got a frag tank?!?! Word

I did! LOVE it too!

Yes, usual :P

Excellent :)

Where are you Gena?!

I'm here. I've just been busy. You know who's MIA????? Felicia!!!!!! Where the heck is she? She deserted us :(

Everytime I go to the coast I'll be sure to take pictures, just for you Mark :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I considered the whole So Cal coast my stomping grounds

But some of that coast blows (Santa Monica/Venice is gross) and isn't any good for boogie boarding because of the sand bars and how they are shaped Mark B) come on now... :P

But some of that coast blows (Santa Monica/Venice is gross) and isn't any good for boogie boarding because of the sand bars and how they are shaped Mark B) come on now... :P

I hear ya! I'm not a fan of the Santa Monica coast. Zuma is my favorite but the people we usually go with don't want to go that far????? And this is even two different groups that we go with. Whatever! I don't know what they are thinking :lol:

I did! LOVE it too!

Excellent :)

I'm here. I've just been busy. You know who's MIA????? Felicia!!!!!! Where the heck is she? She deserted us :(

Everytime I go to the coast I'll be sure to take pictures, just for you Mark :)

Yes! I always like to see Pacific coast pics.

Danyello, SM and Venice have their own reasons for existing, and yep Boogie boarding is not one of them, lol.

surgicalsense
Danyello, SM and Venice have their own reasons for existing, and yep Boogie boarding is not one of them, lol.

... as long as you do not step on the hypodermic needles as you walk Venice :lol: ... looks the same in the last 30 years, yuck.

New pictures omgomgomg

:lol: well, same stuff new day.

I finally got my second frag rack in the mail. I'm very happy with it. It will be perfect for my sps frags. I just got some more ricordeas and a fuschia birdsnest from The Reef Gardener. Some of the rics went in my NC12 and some are in the frag tank. So far the frag tank is holding steady as far as parameters. I have a nice diatom bloom going...so ugly! This was definitely some awesome live rock I put in there!

Green Cloves from Morgan

4-18-12no1.jpg

Danyello's Miracle Macro :lol:

4-18-12no2.jpg

The tank mascot

4-18-12no3.jpg

4-18-12no4.jpg

Just hangin around

4-18-12no5.jpg

New bright orange ricordea from Morgan

4-18-12no6.jpg

SPS central

4-18-12no7.jpg

New fuschia birdsnest from Morgan

4-18-12no8.jpg

FTS

4-18-12no9.jpg

Ricordeas garden

4-18-12no10.jpg

Frag tank :wub:

4-18-12no11.jpg

I love the frag tank! T5's?

Thanks! Me too :)

Yup, T5's. Can you tell just by looking? I love that light!!!! My ricordeas actually look better under the T5 light than my LEDs omgomgomg

TY :)

I put the word out with my LFS to be on the look-out for a pink-streaked wrasse :happy:

Mine is too! I was just in when I got my stuff yesterday and he knows me by name now cuz I said I'm the person that's been harassing him about the fish :P He said he's getting his indo/bali order sheet next week and hopefully something will be on there. I mentioned that other places were having trouble getting them, and he said that overall selection has been sparse lately from the wholesalers.

Everything looks better under T5's. And yes I could tell by looking. No shimmer, and a certain color of blue that is indistinguishable. This is why my next tank will have a hybrid fixture.

I finally ordered a frag rack BTW.

Mine is too! I was just in when I got my stuff yesterday and he knows me by name now cuz I said I'm the person that's been harassing him about the fish :P He said he's getting his indo/bali order sheet next week and hopefully something will be on there. I mentioned that other places were having trouble getting them, and he said that overall selection has been sparse lately from the wholesalers.

I'm at my LFS weekly asking for something! I don't think they are sick of me....yet :lol:

Everything looks better under T5's. And yes I could tell by looking. No shimmer, and a certain color of blue that is indistinguishable. This is why my next tank will have a hybrid fixture.

I finally ordered a frag rack BTW.

I like my LEDs but I like these T5s as well. At least I get to enjoy both types of lighting this way.

It took over 3 weeks for me to get my frag rack after placing the order. Not sure what happened with that order. It took a week to drop it in the mail after they printed the postage. It's a good thing it's a great product!

Oh it looks so nice!

Your algae is going away I see! Almost clear!

Thanks, Randi! The algae is definitely on the decline. I think it's all because of "Danyello's Miracle Macro" :lol: I hope she doesn't get mad at me for naming it that :lol:

Thanks, Randi! The algae is definitely on the decline. I think it's all because of "Danyello's Miracle Macro" :lol: I hope she doesn't get mad at me for naming it that :lol:

I would charge more for it since it's named that! ;)

Everything looks amazing! I love the rics :wub:

Thank you :happy:

Ricordeas are my latest obsession :lol:

I would charge more for it since it's named that! ;)

This macro (and Danielle) is going to be famous :lol: I wish I knew the real name of it!

I bought this one on ebay for $9 shipped. It's a cheapy, but if it works then who cares. At least this one will buy me some time to find a heavy duty acrylic one.

surgicalsense

:lol: ... love it. Can't wait to see it up and personal tomorrow.

... more Danyello's macro of awesomeness, too ;)

My lights are off, but the hermits love that stuff. They graze off of it and climb in it.

I bought this one on ebay for $9 shipped. It's a cheapy, but if it works then who cares. At least this one will buy me some time to find a heavy duty acrylic one.

That one looks nice! Plus it's invisible ;)

:lol: ... love it. Can't wait to see it up and personal tomorrow.

... more Danyello's macro of awesomeness, too ;)

My lights are off, but the hermits love that stuff. They graze off of it and climb in it.

yay...more macro!!!!

I'll make it so the frag tank light is on when you get here. I haven't programmed the lighting yet. My NC12 will be off as usual though.

Yes...the hermits knock mine over every night...grumble, grumble :lol:

Builder Anthony

first time i droped in my frag rack i seen it start floating and i was like ..........hmm ya i didnt expect that lol

Your tank looks better than ever!

Morgan should be worried about that frag tank, you're gonna take away some of her biz!

My order from her comes in tomorrow, I'm jazzed.

Looking awesome! I almost miss your algae though Gena. It made your tank look soft and huggably squishy! :wub: I have a chunk of macro from keydiver that looks like Danyello's magical macro! I wonder if it's the same? It was wedged in a hole but the BTA knocked it loose and now its in the back of my scape. I kind of gave up and figured it will just find it's own home eventually. :happy: When I get a bigger tank I'll have to get some frag racks. They look very helpful for keeping things arranged!

first time i droped in my frag rack i seen it start floating and i was like ..........hmm ya i didnt expect that lol

Mine did the same thing :lol: That's why I have that one rock sitting on top!

Your tank looks better than ever!

Morgan should be worried about that frag tank, you're gonna take away some of her biz!

My order from her comes in tomorrow, I'm jazzed.

I don't think Morgan has anything to worry about. Have you seen her set-up???? I'd really have to step it up a notch. I'm just going to sell a few things here and there :)

She does have my dream job though!!!!!

Looking awesome! I almost miss your algae though Gena. It made your tank look soft and huggably squishy! :wub: I have a chunk of macro from keydiver that looks like Danyello's magical macro! I wonder if it's the same? It was wedged in a hole but the BTA knocked it loose and now its in the back of my scape. I kind of gave up and figured it will just find it's own home eventually. :happy: When I get a bigger tank I'll have to get some frag racks. They look very helpful for keeping things arranged!

Thanks, Sara! I'm sorry, but I don't miss the full blown algae forest :lol:

Could be the same. Try to get a picture if you can!!!!!

Somehow I'm not too worried. These racks are going to be all full soon.

I want to work for you :flower::lol: You truly have my dream job!!!!!

No need to worry about me and my killer 10 gallon frag tank :lol:

Archived