ReefCleaners.org

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I think I'll always have a FW tank. I love yours! Congrats on the babies!

What beach did you guys go to? I really miss the Pacific Ocean.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys!!! I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing the freshwater :) I wish raising saltwater babies was as easy as this freshwater is :lol:

Banshee....I gave you some ricordea tips on your thread :happy:

Mark...we went to Will Rogers. Let me see if I can pull up some photos from my iPhone since you are missing the Pacific ;)

Here's some beach pictures for Mark ;)

Keep in mind, it was in the low 60s. It was great in the sun though. It was super clear until just before we were getting ready to leave. The marine layer crept in slowly...that's what the fog pictures are. It was pretty awesome to watch it roll in :)

beach.jpg

My son took this photo of me. The girl in the background is the girl he was admiring while we were there :lol: He made me LOL when he said "this is the life...sitting here on the beach watching babes". I think my jaw dropped :lol:

beach4.jpg

beach2.jpg

beach3.jpg

Just beautiful! You and the beach!!!!

Brings back such great memories. Nothing smells as good as the Pacific Ocean. Especially when you just get out of the car.

beach.jpg

I love this picture -- the contrast in the blues from front edge to back is great.

And in the realm of things kids say that make you go "hmmm"? My 11 year old daughter and I were watching "Breaking Dawn" -- she's all snuggled into my side, sweet as can be (already ironic considering it's vampires and sex) and during the scene where Edward destroys the room trying to control his passion, my sweet baby girl murmurs softly "Mommy, wouldn't it be easier if she were on top?". So while the inside of my brain is going like this: omgomgomg , I just hum coolly in response. WTH does she know about girls "on top"??? I have to keep reminding myself of what it was like in the 6th grade...of what we all thought we knew!

I love this picture -- the contrast in the blues from front edge to back is great.

And in the realm of things kids say that make you go "hmmm"? My 11 year old daughter and I were watching "Breaking Dawn" -- she's all snuggled into my side, sweet as can be (already ironic considering it's vampires and sex) and during the scene where Edward destroys the room trying to control his passion, my sweet baby girl murmurs softly "Mommy, wouldn't it be easier if she were on top?". So while the inside of my brain is going like this: omgomgomg , I just hum coolly in response. WTH does she know about girls "on top"??? I have to keep reminding myself of what it was like in the 6th grade...of what we all thought we knew!

LOLOLOL! OMG! My oldest is 7 and I'm so not ready for the conversations that I know are coming! :lol:

surgicalsense

:lol: A ... babe watching. Love it. Yes, I do get weirded out when T has moments close to that.

OMG ... My daughter is entering middle school next year :blink: I am just barely briefing her on the changes is starting to experience :mellow:

That is probably the funniest thing ever.

That is probably the funniest thing ever.

+1

I don't know what my response would have been to that :lol: Probably the same as yours! I still need to see that movie!!!!! Even though I've been incredibly disappointed with the movies. Just doesn't compare at all to the books.

Just beautiful! You and the beach!!!!

Brings back such great memories. Nothing smells as good as the Pacific Ocean. Especially when you just get out of the car.

Thanks, Mark! You are sooooo right about the smell. Funny enough, it's the main reason we wanted to go to the beach. For the smell :) Plus I find it to be such a "healing" place...both mentally and physically. It's so relaxing.

I wish I lived near the beach! Lucky duck. Cool photos with that fog? rolling in.

The girl in the background is the girl he was admiring while we were there :lol: He made me LOL when he said "this is the life...sitting here on the beach watching babes". I think my jaw dropped :lol:

:lol:

"Mommy, wouldn't it be easier if she were on top?"

:o I'm nervous about these things when I have kids. They know so much more information so much earlier these days.

I wish I lived near the beach! Lucky duck. Cool photos with that fog? rolling in.

:lol:

:o I'm nervous about these things when I have kids. They know so much more information so much earlier these days.

Any ocean will do, but I still wish I lived near a WARM beach :lol: The Caribbean is more my speed :)

Home school your kids. They learn sooo much "stuff" at school :lol: I'm amazed the things he's been told at school omgomgomg

Aww Ms. Gena, you and the beach are both gorgeous!!!

That's very sweet of you to include me in there :happy: Thank you :)

I don't know what my response would have been to that :lol: Probably the same as yours! I still need to see that movie!!!!! Even though I've been incredibly disappointed with the movies. Just doesn't compare at all to the books.

I didn't read the books, though my daughter did after she began watching the movies. I thought the movies were slow, slow, did I mention slow? The last one, Breaking Dawn, was more interesting, though -- more stuff happened and the way her impending vampireness was filmed was cool to watch!

My take on it has been to be as calm as I can so that my kids keep asking questions and let me know what is going on as long as possible. I'm waaay more careful about teasing than my mom was--just enough to pepper the conversation to let my kids know that some things are really not worth taking too seriously. I am a bit more "lax" than many of my southern counterparts, though -- lots of the moms got mad when I let my daughter read Twilight. Heck, at least in Twilight, the friends/couples all love each other. They are caring, careful, and Edward wouldn't even sleep with Bella until they got married! Of course, he's had a couple of centuries to practice his self-control... :lol:! I am not looking forward to the required reading in middle school and high school when I have to discuss the reality of how evil humans are to each other. I find that much harder to deal with than imaginary characters having sex.

Kids are funny. From the time they were very little, we always thought we were a few steps ahead of our kids, but they constantly reminded that they were always a few steps of us.

nathanq.inc
Any ocean will do, but I still wish I lived near a WARM beach :lol: The Caribbean is more my speed :)

I went swimming in Troon beach last winter just to try out my new crimbo present (an underwater camera) and trust me, every beach I have been to since has seemed warm in comparison haha! We're talking swim shorts in below 40....

Walking down the beaches looking at the peaches - the stranglers

I'm hoping your son had that song playing in his mind while taking that picture haha

Your boy reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger so I can say if that's true, be prepared for some more doozies. :D

I always try to get a rise out of my mom by saying bat#### inappropriate things. :lol:

I thought it was time for some new pictures :happy: My LFS finally got his magnetic frag racks in stock. I picked up the smallest size. It's the perfect size for my tank. I also have the one I ordered online coming in. Should be here tomorrow.

I've already filled the one in with some softies. The other will be for my sps. And......I'm in the process of setting up a 10gallon frag tank omgomgomg

It's a rimless. I just got done spray painting the back black. I wasn't going to paint it but I hate seeing the cords behind it so it had to be done or it would have drove me nuts. Most of the equipment I will use is existing things I have and won't need to buy. I'm using my Current T5HO lighting. This frag tank will be strictly softies. I'll use my magnetic frag racks in my NC12 for the SPS frags.

So....here are the pics. I have quite a few :)

Magicians

magicians-2.jpg

Hermits

hermits-1.jpg

Pink polyp monti...darn the out of focus :angry:

greenpinkmonti.jpg

GBG :wub: I wish this one turned out in focus!!!!!

goby.jpg

New frag rack

fragrack-1.jpg

FTS with new frag rack

fts4-12-12.jpg

My baby

clown2.jpg

clown-3.jpg

Pink birdsnest

bird.jpg

I went swimming in Troon beach last winter just to try out my new crimbo present (an underwater camera) and trust me, every beach I have been to since has seemed warm in comparison haha! We're talking swim shorts in below 40....

Walking down the beaches looking at the peaches - the stranglers

I'm hoping your son had that song playing in his mind while taking that picture haha

Cool!!!! I'm sure there was some sort of song playing in his head while he watched the babes :lol:

Your boy reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger so I can say if that's true, be prepared for some more doozies. :D

I always try to get a rise out of my mom by saying bat#### inappropriate things. :lol:

He keeps me in stitches already :lol: I just hope he turns out to be valedictorian ;):)

I love the new pictures!

Your magicians look so nice. I can't wait till mine grow in a bit more.

If I remember right, that frag started as 3 or 4 polyps. I can't believe how much it has grown.

I've already filled the one in with some softies. The other will be for my sps. And......I'm in the process of setting up a 10gallon frag tank omgomgomg

New frag rack

fragrack-1.jpg

FTS with new frag rack

fts4-12-12.jpg

Great pictures! Love your rack :P!

I agree! Great rack! ;)

You have the RKL right? Can you explain a little about it to me? Will it control my LEDs/heater/etc? Do I have to purchase extra modules for it? How hard was it to set up? I'm reading on their site but they have things that are way out of my league like ozone and wavemakers and stuff. I really just want to not fry my tank and maybe have the dawn/dusk effect on my lights.

Archived