SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense

Looking good! Now I need to come over and see.

I still have to take my splash guard off and fix that salt-creep issue I have going on there <_< hopefully correct it so it does not return.

Your tank makes me do bad things! :lol: I bit the bullet and ordered the RGB Panorama Pro LED Module with all the necessary accessories. I'm going to have to wait to get stunner strips or anything else because that was my whole budget for the month! :o

Stunner of what color. If you have the RGB, you do not need a color stunner. Just a tad bit of info.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good! Now I need to come over and see.

I still have to take my splash guard off and fix that salt-creep issue I have going on there <_< hopefully correct it so it does not return.

Stunner of what color. If you have the RGB, you do not need a color stunner. Just a tad bit of info.

That's what Gena said so I think I'll just get a white/blue Panorama when I get the funds. :)

Nice tank Gena. Awesome! What type of movement do you have? I only noticed the return. Didn't go through all 157pages.

Nice tank Gena. Awesome! What type of movement do you have? I only noticed the return. Didn't go through all 157pages.

Thanks!!! I just have the return on it. I have one of those cheap hydor-flo's for "wave" action :lol: I used to have an mp10 on this but it was just too much movement. My tank has never looked better since I reduced the flow...go figure :rolleyes:

surgicalsense
That's what Gena said so I think I'll just get a white/blue Panorama when I get the funds. :)

Excellent. I just have the RGB Pro and Pro White/Blues. Then purchased a seperate dimmer for the W/B Pros since I can control the RGBs with the remote. Give plenty of light with just the 2 Pros alone. Now I also consulted with Ecoxotics so what I have in my tank for the lighting is what they suggested. With out over spending either :D

You will be so happy with them ;)

One of the neat things about this hobby. No steadfast recipe for success. You obviously have a nice balance in your tank. The corals speak to that.

Excellent. I just have the RGB Pro and Pro White/Blues. Then purchased a seperate dimmer for the W/B Pros since I can control the RGBs with the remote. Give plenty of light with just the 2 Pros alone. Now I also consulted with Ecoxotics so what I have in my tank for the lighting is what they suggested. With out over spending either :D

You will be so happy with them ;)

You've got 10G more than me so it ought to be more than enough for my BC! I can't wait to get them in now! I've been so afraid of the DIY aspect but now that I took the leap I'm SO ready!

surgicalsense
You've got 10G more than me so it ought to be more than enough for my BC! I can't wait to get them in now! I've been so afraid of the DIY aspect but now that I took the leap I'm SO ready!

I was too! I gutted my hood all by myself while my bf watched :lol: ... well I wanted to do it by myself, he offered. I marked and predrilled the holes once I knew exactly where I wanted the bars with the placement under the splash guard and viola success. Now I still need to get my fans running. But I have alot of vents openings for air exchange still. But, I still want them running at some point.

I did consult with the guys (Joel and Brad) about which colors/lights should go where... front or back for that matter. So my Whites/Blues are in the front and my RGB is in the back

Wow are the people on the lighting forum opinionated huh?! I don't want to go 'topless'! :lol: I can just see myself turning around to find my youngest halfway into the tank one night! :o

My new panorama pro light strip came in today...woohoo. Now I have 2X 12K White/445nm Blue and 1x 445nm blue/magenta.

The tank is noticeably brighter and the corals are reacting positively to the change. They look fantastic!!!!!! Of course, the photo doesn't capture it great but hopefully you can see the difference. I love the extra PINK :wub:

FTS 4-3-12 (with added pro installed)

ftsnewlights4-3-12.jpg

Well I'll be darned. You made your tank better. It's beautiful.

You now have three times as much light as I do. Hmmm....

Hi :flower:

Hi, Paige :flower:

I think if I find some extra time today, I will make a video of the tank. It's been a while :)

I'm also thinking about taking out the yellow ball sponge, even though I love it. It takes up quite a bit of real estate. It would give my cloves more room to grow if I do. Danielle....need a sponge????? :lol: I think it would look great in your tank!!!!!! I'm going to keep the small one.

HAHA! Love it! She get's all the hand me downs! Hey I would be jumping for joy!

:D

:lol:

Yay...she wants it :) I'm just helping her fulfill the reef buying bug while she's in "limbo" :)

:lol:

Yay...she wants it :) I'm just helping her fulfill the reef buying bug while she's in "limbo" :)

Being a good friend! ;)

surgicalsense

:happydance: ... she is.

I do my best to hook Gena up with other nick-nacks if I can :D if I have nothing from my tank. Oh yes, which reminds me. Some of that green macro I have? Remember it is strange one. It will dislogde itself if it can to spread. Which is a pain in a way. You are ready for it? :P

HAHA! Love it! She get's all the hand me downs! Hey I would be jumping for joy!

:D

Hand me downs, can be really cool :P

I want hand me downs! I broke the bank at the LFS today! :lol:

On that note, anyone want my large hermit? He's clumsy and keeps walking over my new daisy polyps that are just starting to open! Grrrrr! :angry:

I want hand me downs! I broke the bank at the LFS today! :lol:

On that note, anyone want my large hermit? He's clumsy and keeps walking over my new daisy polyps that are just starting to open! Grrrrr! :angry:

You did have fun today :)

No large hermits for me. I don't need a bruiser in my tank :lol:

Danielle is on her way for the sponge and some moss :happy:

And exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally have baby cherry shrimp!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the FW tank today. So far I've seen two :happy:

haha hand me down sponges, meh sorry I haven't posted lately its hard to keep up with everything with work. I wish someone handed me down reef ish lol

You did have fun today :)

No large hermits for me. I don't need a bruiser in my tank :lol:

Danielle is on her way for the sponge and some moss :happy:

And exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally have baby cherry shrimp!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the FW tank today. So far I've seen two :happy:

Yeah you don't want a hermit. I dislike mine. I'm holding him culprit for my melting zoas cuz he flipped them, and also flipped my rainbow monti :rant:

But yay for baby cherry shrimp! I used to have them, they're so cute!

surgicalsense

Thank you for the sponge and moss :D ... I hope the macro takes off in your tank, try to find a place for it in top/side if able. Loves the light ;)

haha hand me down sponges, meh sorry I haven't posted lately its hard to keep up with everything with work. I wish someone handed me down reef ish lol

reef "ish" rocks :) Hey...we all know you have a lot going on right now ;) Thanks for popping in :)

Yeah you don't want a hermit. I dislike mine. I'm holding him culprit for my melting zoas cuz he flipped them, and also flipped my rainbow monti :rant:

But yay for baby cherry shrimp! I used to have them, they're so cute!

I have 3 hermits. But, they are model citizens. They aren't big either!!!! The baby shrimp are sooooo cool!!!!! The most I've seen at one time is 2. So I know I have at least two. One of the moms is full of eggs again too!!!! Maybe I'll be selling cherry shrimp eventually :lol:

Thank you for the sponge and moss :D ... I hope the macro takes off in your tank, try to find a place for it in top/side if able. Loves the light ;)

You are very welcome!!! Thank you for the macro. I LOVE IT sooooo much!!!!!! I moved the one in the back to the top near my red monti cap. That macro is so cool. I hope it likes my tank :)

Hi Ms. Gena! I have a quick question, are the insides of your clove polyps blue? And we need a new FTS! :flower:

Hellooooo :happy:

The insides of my blue cloves are blue, but if you mean the big pink cloves...they are still just pink with orange on the "fingers". I think the insides will be a glowing green eventually...not sure though. I also just added some green cloves next to the pink cloves. They are growing pretty fast so I should have a nice area of fluffy cloves before too long :happy:

I'll get a FTS later today. Things aren't totally awake yet. Including me :lol: I can't believe I slept in until 10am today :lol: Of course, I had to get up before that to let the dogs out. Feed the cat. Get the fish food soaking in selcon for their morning meal. But...I did go back to sleep until 10am. It was wonderful :)

Archived