SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Looking gorgeous as always! I'm absolutely in love with those little green banded gobies. They were definitely the perfect choice for your tank :D

Are your magicians growing a ton? I don't remember your frag being so big.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it a lot too. Very pretty totm and yours are the coolest sortie tanks
It's a very nice softie tank for sure.

I know!!!! If you go to reef central, he posted a big photo over there. It's easier to see the coral up close over there. It's amazing :wub:

Looking gorgeous as always! I'm absolutely in love with those little green banded gobies. They were definitely the perfect choice for your tank :D

Are your magicians growing a ton? I don't remember your frag being so big.

Thank you, Felicia!!!! I'm so glad I got the gobies!!!!! They really are perfect for my tank. The magicians have grown a ton for me. They definitely weren't that big of a frag when I got them. They do love to eat :)

Alrighty...only two more photos to post. Nothing you haven't already seen before :lol:

goby3-13no6.jpg

goby3-13.jpg

surgicalsense

Gena darlin... want me to snap off that xenia I told you about? If so, may I come by tomorrow morning after dropping the lil girl to school. Also, that is a excellent picture of your clown. Did you enter it?

... rather be anywhere but home :( ... no class for him, so he is around.

Gena darlin... want me to snap off that xenia I told you about? If so, may I come by tomorrow morning after dropping the lil girl to school. Also, that is a excellent picture of your clown. Did you enter it?

... rather be anywhere but home :( ... no class for him, so he is around.

Thank you! The picture is a little blurry for my taste. I know I could do better. Plus...I'm advertising for Randi....I don't want to give her any competition ;)

About the xenia....I actually moved a frag of cloves where I was going to put the xenia!!!!! Let me figure out if I have another place for it, and I'll let you know. I have to drop my baby girl off at the groomers tomorrow morning at 9am.

Oh...and sorry :(

Your clown and that brain is so cute :) BFFs

I know :happy:

I'm so glad they are getting along! The brain does not seem to be the least bit phased by the whole thing....thank goodness!

That's such a good picture of your clown and your goby!!! Amazing quality! What camera is that?

Are you still running your tank with Red Sea Coral Pro? If so, how do you like it? Reason why I'm asking is because your tank looks so clean! I'm thinking of switching to Reef Crystals, just to try it out and this shop owner in Valencia was totally raving about it and all her tanks are amazingly clean.

surgicalsense
Thank you! The picture is a little blurry for my taste. I know I could do better. Plus...I'm advertising for Randi....I don't want to give her any competition ;)

About the xenia....I actually moved a frag of cloves where I was going to put the xenia!!!!! Let me figure out if I have another place for it, and I'll let you know. I have to drop my baby girl off at the groomers tomorrow morning at 9am.

Oh...and sorry :(

No worries ... I just want to get the xenia to you just before it decides to lean over and attach itself to the LR. I would like to come by and get the produce :D

Looks like we have rain in the forecast.

That's such a good picture of your clown and your goby!!! Amazing quality! What camera is that?

Are you still running your tank with Red Sea Coral Pro? If so, how do you like it? Reason why I'm asking is because your tank looks so clean! I'm thinking of switching to Reef Crystals, just to try it out and this shop owner in Valencia was totally raving about it and all her tanks are amazingly clean.

Thanks! I used a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. Stock lens. I desperately need a nice macro lens.

I actually was thinking of switching to RSCP. I've been using Brightwell's Neo-marine this whole time. I've heard great things about Red Sea salt. I used it a few years ago on a different tank. It was fine.

Is today nudi day?

Nope. Should be nudi day either tomorrow or Thursday. They shipped yesterday, Priority mail :)

No worries ... I just want to get the xenia to you just before it decides to lean over and attach itself to the LR. I would like to come by and get the produce :D

Looks like we have rain in the forecast.

Rain?????? I have A home sick again today. He stayed home yesterday too. Now I feel like I'm getting it :( It's just a head cold thing. No fever. But sore throat, congestion sort of thing. Are you off work today?

Wow it looks so nice :D The tank is amazing as usual plus those are some nice photo. Can I request a side full tank shot?

Wow it looks so nice :D The tank is amazing as usual plus those are some nice photo. Can I request a side full tank shot?

Thanks, Ethan. Sure! My lights turned on about an hour ago. After everything wakes up fully I'll grab a side shot. I can only get a shot from one side though. I can't squeeze my camera on the other side. The tank is too close to the wall.

I just grabbed a shot now. Usually in the afternoon is when the tank is at it's peak of fullness. I'm sure it has everything to do with the pH levels. They are still low in the morning. But...it's close enough to full ;)

ftsside.jpg

I still trip out at how old your tank is, in comparison to how clean your back wall of the tank is. It's kinda weird?!?!!?

I know...it is clean! I don't touch it. Maybe my abundance of snails really are doing their jobs!!!!!

So....I finally got the nerve to take my little girl to a new groomer. She's been to the same place her whole life and I've never been overly happy with the cuts they gave her. They just don't know how to cut a Bichon!!!!! But they are friends and I wanted to stay loyal to them. Well..... I finally got a great recommendation from someone and tried the new place out. I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!! She still needs to grow out more, but finally, I have a Bichon in my house :wub:

She has a little St. Patty's day bow too :happy:

chloe-2.jpg

Getting groomed is hard work!

chloe2-1.jpg

Awe so cute!!! I love when the dogs are fresh from the groomer, they're so fluffy and cute and smell so nice :) They always cut ours too short so we told the lady to leave some length last time, especially because our weather is unusually cold for this time of year! <_<

I also liked the side pic of the tank :)

Awwww, she looks so cute! I always love when they give them the little bows. The dog I had growing up was a boy so he always got themed bandanas when he went in to the groomer.

Btw, those are chairs she's laying under right? They look so awesomely retro!

Aww chole. :wub: in a few more cuts she will be rounded out and look like a teddy bear. :)

Sorry I've not been around that much, been busy! :)

The tank looks great as always!

Awe so cute!!! I love when the dogs are fresh from the groomer, they're so fluffy and cute and smell so nice :) They always cut ours too short so we told the lady to leave some length last time, especially because our weather is unusually cold for this time of year! <_<

I also liked the side pic of the tank :)

Awwww, she looks so cute! I always love when they give them the little bows. The dog I had growing up was a boy so he always got themed bandanas when he went in to the groomer.

Btw, those are chairs she's laying under right? They look so awesomely retro!

Thanks, Ladies!!!!! My old groomer always cut Chloe way too short too. I think it was just easier for them to shave her down than to actually brush her out <_< Funny thing is, she's never cold and actually would probably request shaved if she could talk. She's lmost always hot :lol: Felicia...yes, that's a table and chairs. You'll find a lot of retro at my house...just ask Danielle ;)

Aww chole. :wub: in a few more cuts she will be rounded out and look like a teddy bear. :)

Sorry I've not been around that much, been busy! :)

The tank looks great as always!

Thanks, Joel!!!!! I know!!!!! I can't wait for her to be a fluffy teddy bear. I don't want her to be super long, but enough to be that cute little puff ball. With summer coming, I don't want her to be too miserable with a long coat...even if it is cute :)

In fishy news.....

My cherry shrimp is finally carrying eggs!!!!! This will be interesting to see if the babies can survive!

shrimpeggs.jpg

I took another side view FTS yesterday later in the day. It's not a ton of difference, but you can definitely see that things are more awake.

ftsside2.jpg

I know...it is clean! I don't touch it. Maybe my abundance of snails really are doing their jobs!!!!!

So....I finally got the nerve to take my little girl to a new groomer. She's been to the same place her whole life and I've never been overly happy with the cuts they gave her. They just don't know how to cut a Bichon!!!!! But they are friends and I wanted to stay loyal to them. Well..... I finally got a great recommendation from someone and tried the new place out. I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!! She still needs to grow out more, but finally, I have a Bichon in my house :wub:

She has a little St. Patty's day bow too :happy:

chloe-2.jpg

Getting groomed is hard work!

chloe2-1.jpg

OMG she is adorable!

The tank looks great Gena! My lights dont come on until 2 but then it is WC time and then pics.

Love the tank hope you and A are feeling well! And thanks for advertising! ;)

What a cutie pie!

I have two little girls, one poodle and a pompoo. They need the groomer desperately. I'll try and get a pic for ya'll.

I love it when my girl's come home from the groomer! Poor Zoey looked like a rug before she got groomed last week.

The pictures from your tank always look so nice! All the pink just makes me think of a fantasy wonderland. Your tank looks amazing! Those gobies are adorable.

Archived