Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For Randi....dark chocolate tasting beer.

chocbeer.jpg

Good morning! Hope you had a good weekend. I looove chocolate beer. It's a late night beer though. If I drink during the day I prefer something lighter like Anchor Steam, which I recently discovered, and it's brewed in San Francisco.

I agree about the cuteness! Did you think he was dead?

Are the nudi's coming this week?? Sounds cool!

I was half asleep so...yes, I thought he was dead at first :lol:

Nudi's come this week. I hope they aren't a mistake!!!!! They eat bryopsis and I know I have plenty of that in my tank. My only concern is I bought two. I couldn't find any info on numbers per gallon. I do know they breed so, considering the success I've had with :naughtydance: in my tank, maybe I can raise some babies :lol:

Hmmmm what have I missed

I don't think a whole lot. My red monti cap bleached out on me a few days ago. Too many ALK swings, I think. It's not any worse and it's still pink, so I think it'll be ok. I decided to ditch the bucket of salt and use the new bags. ALK is spot on in the bags. I want to avoid future swings with water changes. I wanted to ask you about my monti, but didn't want to ask during the day for fear you'd give me some long explanation while driving :lol: Then, I kept forgetting to ask at night :happy:

Good morning! Hope you had a good weekend. I looove chocolate beer. It's a late night beer though. If I drink during the day I prefer something lighter like Anchor Steam, which I recently discovered, and it's brewed in San Francisco.

I did! Love my weekends with the fam :)

I'm so not a drinker...much less of beer :lol: I always get little shot glasses to sample the stuff my husband buys. I don't even finish the shot glass :lol: But....that jerky beer, I had a double :lol:

I love the pic of the clown laying on the brain! Would totally freak me out if I saw it but after my heart restarted I bet it's adorable! :lol:

surgicalsense

I could not find the paperwork on this frag rack, Pismo told me about this company. I will track this down... btw, I have been totally out in far left field.

Can't wait to see the nudibrach. What kind?

Pffft Gena....you know ima respond either way. Always ask hun. I'll share what I can.

I know. I just don't want to be responsible for anything bad happening :happy:

I love the pic of the clown laying on the brain! Would totally freak me out if I saw it but after my heart restarted I bet it's adorable! :lol:

It was pretty adorable. It looked so comfy and cozy :)

Does the chocolate beer taste really beer-y? I always try to like the taste, but it just gets too bitter!

It does still taste bitter. But the chocolatey flavor helps! It doesn't actually have chocolate in it. It's the combination of coffee and vanilla that tastes like dark chocolate to us.

I could not find the paperwork on this frag rack, Pismo told me about this company. I will track this down... btw, I have been totally out in far left field.

Can't wait to see the nudibrach. What kind?

Whenever you can find it is fine. I'm definitely going to need one before long :)

I ordered 2 lettuce nudibranches. I'm pretty sure the algae I have is bryopsis an not really hair algae! It has the featheriness to it and it won't go away!!!! No matter what I do. And I'm doing everything right!!!!

:o Oh really?

I know what you're up to :lol:

Photo dump coming up shortly!!!!! All of these dumps have inspired me to do one of my own :lol:

Goby on a ledge

fts3-12-12goby2.jpg

Sunny D's from above

fts3-12-12sunnyds.jpg

Magicians

fts3-12-12magicians.jpg

Neon green toadstool +++

fts3-12-12leather.jpg

On the prowl

fts3-12-12goby.jpg

Best friends

fts3-12-12clown.jpg

Cloves

fts3-12-12cloves.jpg

Funky corner shot

fts3-12-12angle.jpg

FTS 3-12-12

fts3-12-12.jpg

Thank you, my dear :happy:

See how in the photos it doesn't really look flowy like hair algae does????? It's bryopsis!!!!!

I just picked a few oranges and made another glass of fresh OJ. My tree is loaded with oranges and many more blossoms ready to fruit :)

surgicalsense
Thank you, my dear :happy:

See how in the photos it doesn't really look flowy like hair algae does????? It's bryopsis!!!!!

I just picked a few oranges and made another glass of fresh OJ. My tree is loaded with oranges and many more blossoms ready to fruit :)

I do, see I would not of known the difference between the two. Due to my experience level. Well I hope the nudi graze it all down and control it. I just cleaned both of the FW tanks I have. Oh and L finally named the blue betta. :lol: Dennis.

Sweet :) I will take as many as you need me to. We will eat and use all of them.

Nice new pics!!! The goby is super cute. Your carpet is getting very full! It looks like they're starting to grow up the glass

I do, see I would not of known the difference between the two. Due to my experience level. Well I hope the nudi graze it all down and control it. I just cleaned both of the FW tanks I have. Oh and L finally named the blue betta. :lol: Dennis.

Sweet :) I will take as many as you need me to. We will eat and use all of them.

Dennis...I like it :happy: Is he a menace? :lol:

I'll pick them (and the lemons) on Friday so they are fresh for you :)

Nice new pics!!! The goby is super cute. Your carpet is getting very full! It looks like they're starting to grow up the glass

Thanks, Paigee! I wish it was full from splitting!!!!! They are just full, for now.

Lookin' amazing! I like my zoa garden, but wish I had more variety like you do.

I think I've squeezed in as many different species as I possibly could :lol:

Wow Gena, your tank always amazes me!

So are nudi's the only way to get rid of the bryopsis?

Thanks, Mark! You can get rid of it by raising the magnesium too. If the nudis don't work, that's what I'll try.

Very nice pictures, Gena. :)

Thanks, Joel :) I may have more to post today. There were a few I didn't put on yesterday because I was tired of uploading them!

Dennis...I like it :happy: Is he a menace? :lol:

I'll pick them (and the lemons) on Friday so they are fresh for you :)

Thanks, Paigee! I wish it was full from splitting!!!!! They are just full, for now.

I think I've squeezed in as many different species as I possibly could :lol:

Thanks, Mark! You can get rid of it by raising the magnesium too. If the nudis don't work, that's what I'll try.

Thanks, Joel :) I may have more to post today. There were a few I didn't put on yesterday because I was tired of uploading them!

Whenever I get around to a lion tank I wanna do a big softie tank haha

Whenever I get around to a lion tank I wanna do a big softie tank haha

That would be super cool!!!!! I'm in love with the TOTM!!!! That's my kinda tank :)

Archived