Innovative Marine Aquariums

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Top of the morning to you!

... I am still scouting for the stomella ;)

Good morning! You are perky :)

Just got up....I love Sunday mornings! Now to figure out breakfast. I'm thinking crepes filled with my homemade fig jam. Hopefully it won't be too sweet. I usually do strawberries but I don't have any at the moment. I have fig jam up to my eyeballs :lol:

My clownfish is kissing the brain coral again this morning. Seems to be a pattern. Gives it love until she gets fed and then goes back in her corner.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Kinda perky ... still moving kind of slow. I got a lot done yesterday. I am going to pack some more today. Then take a break again for a month.

Kisses then returns to its corner :P

Tank is looking it's usual awesome B)

Kinda perky ... still moving kind of slow. I got a lot done yesterday. I am going to pack some more today. Then take a break again for a month.

Kisses then returns to its corner :P

Tank is looking it's usual awesome B)

That's great that you are preparing for the move early. I always love moving because you can purge stuff you really don't need or use anymore.

This is the longest we've gone in one place. I'm itching to pack up again :lol:

fig crepes turned out great :happy:

surgicalsense

I haven't made crepes before. I should ...

Okay I fragged the xenia. It was a weird first time fragging experience :lol: I feel like I killed it :huh: but I know I didn't. But it is bothering me :P I placed the fragment on the plug and used that netting you gave me to hold it down. It is pulsating, but barely. Well time to heal... then we shall see if I killed it or not.

Let me know if you want it, my dear.

I haven't made crepes before. I should ...

Okay I fragged the xenia. It was a weird first time fragging experience :lol: I feel like I killed it :huh: but I know I didn't. But it is bothering me :P I placed the fragment on the plug and used that netting you gave me to hold it down. It is pulsating, but barely. Well time to heal... then we shall see if I killed it or not.

Let me know if you want it, my dear.

Crepes are super easy to make...and delicious :happy:

Of course I'll take the xenia. Thank you!!!!!

New FTS and Top down...plus a pic. of the freshwater planted. The moss is out of control in there :lol: I'm getting aquatic scissors on Tuesday, hopefully :) I also have a video of my clownfish in the brain coral. She's been in there most of the day today omgomgomg I hope the brain doesn't mind.

FTS 2-19-12

fts2-19-12.jpg

fts2-19-12topdown.jpg

fwfts2-19-12.jpg

Thanks, Brad! I'm still working on that nuissance algae!!!!

I still have the dragons tongue. It's hidden at the back of the tank. I can see it if I peer through a hole. It's still getting light so hopefully it will continue to grow. Unfortunately I can't get to it where it floated to. It came loose from the frag plug I had glued it down to :rolleyes:

Everything looks great! It's amazing that a tank that nice is having any param issues. :)

That music sure sounds familiar. :D

You noticed the music??? :lol:

I know it's your signature...but I love it so much :)

See those palys at the left hand side (with the algae all around them). They used to look so much better. They are the main grouping that's been so mad the last few weeks. I'm hoping I can get them back to what they were.

surgicalsense

Excellent .... I put it on the round plug (removed the bottom) it was easier then the rock to use since this was my first official fragmentation of a coral ever :P

... hosting the brain :lol: .. the brain did not look angry so far.

You noticed the music??? :lol:

I know it's your signature...but I love it so much :)

See those palys at the left hand side (with the algae all around them). They used to look so much better. They are the main grouping that's been so mad the last few weeks. I'm hoping I can get them back to what they were.

It's quite alright. I can share. I know I'm late on my monthly video but there's some pretty major things going on in the tank. :ninja:

Your paly's will come back no problem.

Excellent .... I put it on the round plug (removed the bottom) it was easier then the rock to use since this was my first official fragmentation of a coral ever :P

... hosting the brain :lol: .. the brain did not look angry so far.

Yay! Looking forward to the xenia. I hope it likes my tank!!!!! My cloves have perked up considerably since I fixed my alk issue. I think xenia might like my tank too :happy:

The brain has been pretty fluffed up during the whole thing. The video doesn't show any of the roughness though. She's actually being pretty gentle. I'm kind of excited about this. I would be happier if she was in the kenya tree or devil's hand leather instead.

It's quite alright. I can share. I know I'm late on my monthly video but there's some pretty major things going on in the tank. :ninja:

Your paly's will come back no problem.

I like the sound of this!!!! How's Dotty doing?

surgicalsense

Of course ... clown doesn't know any better. My boy clown likes to hang out under the frag rack :huh: beats me why.

Least your clown is interested in a coral, instead of a plastic staging part in your tank :lol: like mine is, currently.

surgicalsense
Dotty is doing amazing. She's the boss of the tank. :) very healthy, eating well, 50/50 hosting the froggy still. :)

Your frogspawn has bounced back? I am sure ;)

I loved that video of your clown and the brain coral! Your clown is gorgeous and looks so healthy! He looks so calm and chill. I love it. Mine are only calm after eating.

Dotty is doing amazing. She's the boss of the tank. :) very healthy, eating well, 50/50 hosting the froggy still. :)

That's awesome! Can't wait to see new pictures :happy:

My clownfish is a giant pig!!!! She has quite the appetite! She's not huge but she's not tiny either. The gobys are pretty small. She is pretty calm. Yesterday was the most active I've ever seen her. I guess it must have something to do with her desire to settle in with the brain coral.

:o

That's a beauty!!!! Buy it ;)

Glad the tank is doing well!

Good on your Cyano as well Joel!

Thanks, Randi! Things are much happier since I figured out I have param. issues. It really helps to test your water :lol:

Dumb me, I was doing a test on the Calcium yesterday and I accidently tipped my test vial, which subsequently made me tip over my big bottle of test regent :angry: That's not the first time that's happened either :lol:

Those darn salifert test kits are NOT cheap. I hate being a klutz :lol:

Archived