ReefCleaners.org

BTA or LTA *pics added*

danilew

I'm new to anemones and have only had one for a 4ish weeks now. The guy I picked it up from labeled it as an RBTA. However, the more I look at it, the more I think it's an LTA.

What are some of the key differences between an LTA and a BTA that "lost it's bubbles"? I'd like to try to figure this out before posting pics and someone telling me exactly what it is. Help please :)

*Pics added

hows your lighting and have you ever fed it? also, any pics?

when my bulbs are shot my nem bubbles way less and looks like an LTA, so could be the same..idk

picssssssss

I'm new to anemones and have only had one for a 4ish weeks now. The guy I picked it up from labeled it as an RBTA. However, the more I look at it, the more I think it's an LTA.

What are some of the key differences between an LTA and a BTA that "lost it's bubbles"? I'd like to try to figure this out before posting pics and someone telling me exactly what it is. Help please :)

I think you can tell the diffrence in the foot. You are going to have so do a google search but somthing about foot color I beleive.

So after investigating the "foot lead" chumcrazy provided, my guess is that it's a corkscrew LTA (Macrodactyla doreensis). I'm interested to see what some of the more experienced people have to say.

Here are the pics, I tried to get shots of the foot and the tentacles that look "cork-screwy" (if that's even a word).

DSC02099.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02100.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02101.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02102.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02090.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02091.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02093.jpg?t=1298515741

DSC02094.jpg?t=1298515741

Images on photobucket

RBTA -

It's just stretching, could like the light - no telling really - as far as "lost it's bubbles" are concerned - you don't have anything to worry about, that's just what they do. Mine seem to bubble up more after feedings and early in the day. They don't look like bubbled up balls all day every day.

I'm going to try to get better pics of the foot this weekend. In the right lighting there are dots on the foot, still an RBTA when there are dots on the foot?

RBTA -

It's just stretching, could like the light - no telling really - as far as "lost it's bubbles" are concerned - you don't have anything to worry about, that's just what they do. Mine seem to bubble up more after feedings and early in the day. They don't look like bubbled up balls all day every day.

yea, def looks like an RBTA but almost looks like it isnt getting enough of that light. how high above the tank is it? here is one of mine purging adn the other stretching out since my bulb is way old.

5472935882_ef1b97a5ed.jpg

Light is a sunpod on the legs, so... 6"ish off teh water and the nem is on the top of the rocks... so the foot is about 8-10" below the surface.

It only looks like this after 7ish central time, since lights go off at 8pm. The rest of the day it's all flat and happy.

Archived