Coral Vue Hydros

Midas Blenny Question

will25u

Did your Midas ever hide from you? Every single time I make my way over to the tank, he darts to his super secret hiding spot. He's got a hole on top of a rock that he backs into and sticks his head out. Once he sees me or my wife, he hides himself completely. I'd really like to be able to get some pictures of him as he's a very odd blue and purple color, but it's nearly impossible. He comes out and swims for about 30 seconds every 5-10 minutes, but thats only when I'm not in sight. How long does this usually last?

how long has he been in the tank, my midas took about a month to get used to the people in the room and then he would hide and come out and eat from my hand.

Just have a good cover on your tank, my jumped and the cat ate him. didnt get there fast enough

same here, mine hid from me every time I approached the tank, and I was sneaking around, army crawling on the floor to get pictures of him. After a while, he realized where all the food came from, and now he doesn't even hide when i'm cleaning/arranging corals.

So they can take a while to get used to people. I really had no idea. In a tank I had a year or two ago, I had a Bicolor Blenny who never hid from anything. My Midas has been in the tank for two days, so not long at all. My green Cloud Wrasse immediately dove into the sand and was MIA for 36 hours. Once he came out after that, he shys away from nothing. I hope my Blenny will become like that.

Archived