SaltCritters.com

Frag Plugs

dickie52

Great for the health of natrual reefs, bad for the hobby by retards paying $300 for a green and pink booger attached to one. People stop ordering the $300 frags and I promise you the price will come down dramatically.

But I guess they wouldnt be selling them for so much if people were not ordering them. Stop now and save the hobby for this rediculas trend that is forcing people out due to high prices.

Great for the health of natrual reefs, bad for the hobby by retards paying $300 for a green and pink booger attached to one. People stop ordering the $300 frags and I promise you the price will come down dramatically.

Without a doubt!! if the mother colonies stop getting sliced every single new polyp growth! Then the colony will be huge and they wanna throw it in the garbage can.

there is nothing more aesthetically unpleasing than a tank stocked solely with frags on plugs. those sorts of tanks would look far nicer if the frags were removed from the plugs and glued directly to the rockwork.

I also agree that the proliferation of frag plugs has led to every joe schmoe with a 40B fragging a colony into their own little LE money tree. it's amazing to me what some people will pay for a frag of something that they can generally find a very close approximation of at a good LFS, colony-sized no less.

there is nothing more aesthetically unpleasing than a tank stocked solely with frags on plugs. those sorts of tanks would look far nicer if the frags were removed from the plugs and glued directly to the rockwork.

I also agree that the proliferation of frag plugs has led to every joe schmoe with a 40B fragging a colony into their own little LE money tree. it's amazing to me what some people will pay for a frag of something that they can generally find a very close approximation of at a good LFS, colony-sized no less.

We cant talk much about this because the thread will get taken over by the chalice/zoa people defending their purchase...But yes I am glad you agree with me. A dumb purchase at that. Man I mean the stuff grows right ? You dont have to wait for it to lay eggs or have the perfect mate...IT GROWS...The person that purchased it is gonna grow it, frag it and sell it. Then the next person is gonna do the same...Soon the market is flooded....Wait a while to buy this stuff guys, make the dealers hold this stuff to drive down the demand and price already !! Typically the frags have gotten so small now that your going to wait years before it is big enough to frag, by that time there is no investment.

Nah, I want it now and I'm rich so I'm going to buy it.

Dont get me wrong, I am not 100% against spending a little cash, I mean look at my scoly's. I pay a premium but that is for a full peice ready to sit in my tank and have folks say ooooh ahhh. Its not "whats that little chip over there ?"

donut

if we are talking colonies, I am with ya

This exactly ! COLONIES, I will pay a premium for a COLONY !! Something to look at !

did you sprinkle some crack on that? oh that explains why the rates are crazy.

877-CASH-NOW http://www.877cashnow.com/

Sprinkle some crack ? That thing better be make out of pure Columbian for that price :D

ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW !!! CALL JDCORALWORTH

so this isn't a discussion on Frag Plugs as much as it being a discussion on frags and how big they need to be before they are acceptable in society :)

+1

Frag plugs are as ugly as sin and when a coral grows over a plug it looks awful.

There needs to be a random plug different shapes sized colors to somehow better blend in. A business opportunity in the making... patent pending :)

You guys have obviously never had the pleasure of growing a plant from a seed I assume.

I like frag's for just that reason...

I am talking that ugly little plug! The one that everyone puts in their tank, just as they got it. Can we at least start to cut the bottom off it or something. I am also a diver and can't ever remember seeing any of them on the reef!

I am also a gardener, so I understand seeds too.

thats not bad.. i prefer getting dry rock for 2 dollars a pound.. crushing it with the 25 lb sledge and getting rubble rocks

Haha. There is always that..... :)

There is more out there than just the typical plug, but still frag plugs in general.

This is what I have in my assortment that I use.

The left two are the same plug just showing the top. They are made of epoxy.

DSCN2347.jpg

Archived