Cultivated Reef

Clownfish Stupidity!

Trogdor447

Ok.. so i got mr clown a frogspawn.. It was free first off.. second of all he likes his corner..

I entice them to be symbiotic together.. and that goes well, however.. he finds the need to attack the base of the frag and knock it to hell and back... I am afraid he is going to damage the frogspawn by doing this.

I cant really GLUE it down on a large rock, my anemone could potentially move over near it and sting the heck out of it.. I DO have some dry rock, but i don't think its heavy enough to hold him back.. he seriously moves things that i am in shock over

How did you entice him? I got a frogspawn a couple weeks ago and I was just kind of hoping it would happen.

introduce the frogspawn in a bikini and get your clown drunk.. works like a charm.

How did you entice him? I got a frogspawn a couple weeks ago and I was just kind of hoping it would happen.

i set the frag right next to his house.. (i call it his house..) and he started biting it within a day.. and now hes giving it the old tail wiggle jiggles. It is somewhere i cannot put ANYTHING or move my rocks where i want them.. he sits on the back left corner enjoying his rock..

On the right side is my anemone that is gigantic and stings EVERYTHING including me

and yea.. thats a great post..

How is it stupid?

you ever see a clown? they just scream stupid.. well he is trying to take the disc off of the bottom of the frag.. ugh.. and then he cant figure out why he is knocking the frogspawn all around... When i come in after i get out of class, he has my frag knocked over.. the frogspawn ripped off the rock, he is biting the anemone because a tenticle is within his radar.. and he was flinging sand over my clam

altolamprologus

Sometimes clowns don't feel the need to host anything. I had a wild-caught true percula that was happy just to swim around and completely ignored the big beautiful hammer coral that i got just for him.

You put it in its territory it wants it gone....my clown has attacked yellow buttons and ripped up my torch at first. Although she only attacked when i was putting it down and then for a second then gave up on it.

My new ones went right into my frogspawn.

You put it in its territory it wants it gone....

well thats the thing.. it rubs up in it like it wants to host it.. but it wants the disk gone.. so i glued the disk down and now the clown is chewing on the frogspawn.. LOL I'm keeping an eye on him

0223110908.jpg

HE DID IT :) so happy for him

But.. he still has not claimed it as his new house.. He still likes to sleep in the back, hes torn.. he has the comfort of his old luxurious bare bottom dark cave.. or his new best friend

Your problem is that is is a maroon clown. Frogspawn seem to be able to handle Percs and Occs, but the maroon will eventually kill it. Especially with it being such a small frogpawn.

I have kinda the same problem. I want my clowns to host my frogspawn but havent yet. I caught them sleeping on it when it was closed up but not while its open. It may be in too high of a current area for them but the FS really likes it.

Walking_Target

Clownfish are about the stupidest reef fish going.

Mine have hosted, in no particular order.

Powerheads

Discosoma

Trachyphyllia

Zoanthids

Ricordia

Frogspawn (briefly)

Fungia plate

Rocks

manual glass thermometer....

patch of sand.

Backwerds Man

Mine hosts my algae scraper magnet. :lol:

He seems to be in love with it, so i just leave it there. He sits right on top of it all day and waits to be fed... whatever. I keep trying to tell him it's not an anenome, and won't protect him at all from predators. But he doesn't seem to listen. He's obviously stupid.

On the right side is my anemone that is gigantic and stings EVERYTHING including me

What kind of anemone? Wouldn't you prefer the clown to host the anemone instead of the frogspawn?

Archived