SaltCritters.com

2 dead Vortech pumps

PalyCrazy

ok, so I ordered an mp40 and a Mp60 several days ago off the internet fresh out of the box. Proceeded to plug in the mp40, only to find out that the power supply doesn't work. The MP60 worked for a while, then after about 30 min, decided to flash red and then cutoff. Then continuously turn on an reset over and over.

SO I guess my question is, why are 2 pumps that cost $400 and $700 respectively acting up? I mean, they have some cool features.. but whats the point if they don't work?

ok, so I ordered an mp40 and a Mp60 several days ago off the internet fresh out of the box. Proceeded to plug in the mp40, only to find out that the power supply doesn't work. The MP60 worked for a while, then after about 30 min, decided to flash red and then cutoff. Then continuously turn on an reset over and over.

SO I guess my question is, why are 2 pumps that cost $400 and $700 respectively acting up? I mean, they have some cool features.. but whats the point if they don't work?

Hmmm... First complaint of that nature I've heard of.. Contact Ecotech and I'm sure they'll take care of you

Call Ecotech asap.

Where did you get them from?

That was my second thought... Who did you buy them through? Maybe your middleman is tinkering?

Where is your source for these pumps?

Vortech's are nothing but quality. I've tried a large handful, hydor..tunze..aqueon..etc, and I will always own a vortech from here on out. If you bought from a reputable source, ecotech will replace the ill pumps easily. They stand by their products.

totally agree with all the above statements....there's no way you can have 2 duds in one order

maybe they weren't so FRESH out of the box as you thought....

you still haven't said where you got them from..... not all middlemen are as honest as we'd all like them to be

call ecotech.....great products and great customer service

I bought my MP10 ES from http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com The first one was very loud and didnt break in like vortech said they would. I called vortech and they said to send it to them to test it and it would take a few weeks till I got it back. I called http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com and they sent me a brand new one out that day and just told me to send the old one back in the new ones box. Well the second one the control unit was all messed up. I called http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com back and they shipped a 3rd MP10 that day. So I had 3 mp10s that they sent me before I even sent the broke ones back. Thats good customer service!!!! Vortech was disappointing that it would take weeks and would have to test mine instead of just sending me a new one.

HecticDialectics

And you think the people on Nano-Reef would know the answer to this question... why?

:rolleyes:

I love the vortechs and the quality is usually great, but its worth noting that the control boxes are VERY susceptible to water damage. Doesnt take much to fry them. Any chance you dripped some water when you were setting things up?

Other than that, contact the company and get them replaced. Ecotech has some of the best service I have ever dealt with. One time my cat chewed through the power cord and I contacted them to ask about buying replacement parts. They told me they appreciated my honesty and just to send it in for free repair.

And you think the people on Nano-Reef would know the answer to this question... why?

:rolleyes:

Oooooo Oooooo Oooooo... pick me I have an answer :happy:

gulfsurfer101

I fried mine during a wc gone bad after my warranty was up. They were so cool about it they repaired it for me for free. I just paid shipping both ways and it was back to me in about 1 week.

I bought my MP10 ES from http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com The first one was very loud and didnt break in like vortech said they would. I called vortech and they said to send it to them to test it and it would take a few weeks till I got it back. I called http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com and they sent me a brand new one out that day and just told me to send the old one back in the new ones box. Well the second one the control unit was all messed up. I called http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com back and they shipped a 3rd MP10 that day. So I had 3 mp10s that they sent me before I even sent the broke ones back. Thats good customer service!!!! Vortech was disappointing that it would take weeks and would have to test mine instead of just sending me a new one.

+1 to that.,. Foster and smith has never shown me anything short of stellar customer service., If you always buy from a reputable place, your chances of coming up against a problem are greatly diminished..

as far as the op., im sniffin a troll here., Im sorry., but the guy joins a site and their second post is to "bad mouth" a respected product and then splits?.,., If im wrong ill apologize but it just seems like someone trying to either shout their problem to everyone who will listen.,. or tryin to stir up a big debate for the fun of it., just my 2 B)

Both pumps magically worked..plugged them in this morning and no problem.

I'm flabbergasted.!

The vortech fairy must have came last night while you were sleeping.

What makes vortech pumps so great??

I think that they are way overpriced I dont care if it has a leather lined case it should never cost $400 for a powerhead. Also you can get a wave-maker and two koralia's for half the price. Maybe I am missing something special about them.

Did you test the outlet before assuming it was the pumps? GFI maybe? Controller outlet that was switched off? Things don't magically start working... something else was the problem, or it is the pumps and you should still contact customer service.

I think that they are way overpriced I dont care if it has a leather lined case it should never cost $400 for a powerhead. Also you can get a wave-maker and two koralia's for half the price. Maybe I am missing something special about them.

Haters gonna hate.

HecticDialectics

Well I paid less than $200 for mine brand new, so I dunno, I guess 50% less than $400 is a pretty good price.

To the op

When the light starts flashing either the pump is jammed or it needs to have the controller's pump disconnect set up. It's a feature that turns off the pump if the wet and dry sides become separated. My mp40 did that when I first got it. Called vortech an they walked me through the steps.

Hth

• 1 month later...

Archived