Pod Your Reef

Anybody ever lost a fish before they even got it

maxwell

Well, I'm bummed. I had a shipment go out today from Liveaquaria less one of the items I was most looking forward to getting. Liveaquaria called me a couple of hours ago to inform me that the Midas Blenny I had ordered died before they packaged it up to ship. I'm definitely glad that it didn't die in transit so I would have had to deal with them about that issue but definitely not happy about losing it. No others on there to get and none of the LFS have them so who knows when I'll get one. Anyone ever have this happen. Wondering if it happens alot or if this is like just a bad stroke of luck.

I'm definitely glad that it didn't die in transit so I would have had to deal with them about that issue
Liveaquaria is fantastic to deal with. You wouldn't have had a problem at all getting credited for the fish.
Well, I'm bummed. I had a shipment go out today from Liveaquaria less one of the items I was most looking forward to getting. Liveaquaria called me a couple of hours ago to inform me that the Midas Blenny I had ordered died before they packaged it up to ship. I'm definitely glad that it didn't die in transit so I would have had to deal with them about that issue but definitely not happy about losing it. No others on there to get and none of the LFS have them so who knows when I'll get one. Anyone ever have this happen. Wondering if it happens alot or if this is like just a bad stroke of luck.

That is the one thing that I don't like about like aquaria. A few weeks ago I ordered an expensive anemone from the DD. I added a few other things to my order just so I would qualify for free shipping. After my package was shipped they called and told me that the anemone died prior to being shipped. They took off the charge for it of course, but I would have rather just canceled the entire order and wait until another anemone was available. The anemone was really the only thing I really wanted on the order. The rest was just mainly filler. So now I ended up paying shipping twice to get the anemone I wanted. I would have much prefered that they did not ship anything until getting in touch with me.

Had that happen when I ordered from live aquaria 2 years ago. It died in transit so I had to call to get reimbursed for it. After that incident I decided to just deal locally.

Archived