SaltCritters.com

Aquaticlife 115 problem. Not enough 'fizz'

Gromit1710

I've got an Aquaticlife 115 installed in my BC29 in chamber 1.

It worked great for the first month or so, but now it's not making enough bubbles to reach anywhere near the top of the cup.

I've tried messing with the water level that it's at, played with the adjustment knob until my ADD kicked in and suddenly twisting a knob at very small increments for 10 minutes seemed pointless.

I've never had a skimmer before this one, so I'm kinda ignorant.

Do I need to pull this thing out of the tank and open it up to replace something?

Don't own the skimmer but know it's a venturi style. If you're not getting as much air sucked into it as before usually means there is some salt and/or other crud building up in the venturi. Might be time to give it a little cleaning job....

Steve

You should do what I did - pull it out, open it up and remove the piece of tubing + the little plastic connector/air hole thingie and replace it with a much longer piece of airline tubing that comes a few inches out of the hole. You might have to bore/drill the hole out a little bit to so the tube doesn't get smushed. You never have to worry about water or crap getting into the tube again.

You should do what I did - pull it out, open it up and remove the piece of tubing + the little plastic connector/air hole thingie and replace it with a much longer piece of airline tubing that comes a few inches out of the hole. You might have to bore/drill the hole out a little bit to so the tube doesn't get smushed. You never have to worry about water or crap getting into the tube again.

Thats what I'm going to do next time I need to take it apart and clean it. Wife hates the sound it makes so I will have to extend the tube somewhere to baffle the noise or make a muffler for it.

Alright!

Looks like I have a project to add onto my sunday W/C

I guess if I take it apart and break it.. no harm no foul. It's not like it's doing anything right now anyways other than getting REALLY GOOD gas exchange in the water...

Archived