SaltCritters.com

New Frogspawn questions

devonpayne24

I recently got a branched frogspawn with four heads on it.. I was wondering if there was secret on how to take care of it or whatever, I have a Korlia nano 240 powerhead blowing it around quite a bit and its about halfway up my tank in my Biocube 29...

Looking forward to responses

Only comment I have is to make sure the flow is not super intense. Frogspawn can cut/slice itself on the edges of its skeleton. A lot of flow means the tissue is blowing all over the edge of the skeleton etc.... So just keep an eye on it and make sure it is not whipping all around like a crazy storm.

Thanks, I just moved everything around a little bit.. The frogspawn is now at a "jiggle" rather than a dance lol

Thanks you guys for the info

Now another question, different coral.. But I have my newly purchased Star Polyps about 3 1/2 inches away from the top of my tank... is that alright???

Are you worried about the lighting on it? I would not worry much since star polyps pretty much will grow anywhere they want. Some people think they are a pest since they can take over.

Are you worried about the lighting on it? I would not worry much since star polyps pretty much will grow anywhere they want. Some people think they are a pest since they can take over.

i put mine in the "eddie" created underneath the koralia. seems flow is the lowest there. (far below the koralia, no risk of being sucked up)

Yeah, I was worried about the lighting maybe being too much although they like the light.. I love the stuff, I have Xenia also and I dont mind them spreading - I think they are some of the coolest "weeds" as most people would call them, that you can get for a 29Gal...

Archived