Cultivated Reef

Fluval Edge MY STYLE

Ansphire

bamboosharkbark

Hey I like your tank, just wondering what's that dark layer in your sand bed?

Great looking tank. I would of never thought to drill it. As a result I am thinking of adding an IceProbe chiller to the tank. It gets pretty warm from the ambient room temp. I just have to figure out the layout.

I also converted my Edge's lighting to LED's. I run two 1watt bright white LED's and a one 1/2 watt blue LED. I replaced the toggle on/off switch with an identical three position on/of/on switch. All for under $25 bucks.

post-65918-1301786741_thumb.jpg Day mode

post-65918-1301786884_thumb.jpg Night mode

Great looking tank. I would of never thought to drill it. As a result I am thinking of adding an IceProbe chiller to the tank. It gets pretty warm from the ambient room temp. I just have to figure out the layout.

I also converted my Edge's lighting to LED's. I run two 1watt bright white LED's and a one 1/2 watt blue LED. I replaced the toggle on/off switch with an identical three position on/of/on switch. All for under $25 bucks.

post-65918-1301786741_thumb.jpg Day mode

post-65918-1301786884_thumb.jpg Night mode

Hey I like your tank, just wondering what's that dark layer in your sand bed?

That is a plate for my reverse flow system in the tank. In addition to the regular fluval filter I added a small submersible filter to force water flow under and up through the substrate. I have done the same for my 55 gallon except, I run 2 eheim 2215 canister filters. That has been running for 2yrs. The edge for about 2 months.

• 4 weeks later...

these look so nice. i can't help but thinking that they'd be a real pita to clean, being completely full of water. up in all those corners, the top glass.

they really are beautiful though.

• 9 months later...

Archived