Today

IMAG0041.jpg

Next on my list:

Paint that overflow elbow black

Dive a nice sump with fuge and ato

LEDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say tank looks very very sexy... lol

is that a brass fitting?????

you know brass is copper and zinc right?...depending on the grade, it could have alot of other crap in it....

thanks guys..

brass fitting is comming out as soon as home depot has plastic ones in stock..

as far as the elbow goes its gonna be painted as soon as i get a change to go to walmart...

LED's should arrive next week and then i'll start getting zoos...

I was thinking zoo only but since those freaking purple star polyps are all over thats not going to happen.. so i was thinking some acans maybe..

what would you guys put in a tank this small...

well i finally got rid of that brass fitting...

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

I'm also working on my sump.. i designed it with the idea of having a display fuge.. I enjoy watching all those little critters grow and live there just as much as i enjoy the tank.. almost as much.. haha

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

What LEDs are you using? Can you post a pic of how it's mounted under the hood?

Thx! Nice ideas

also interested in the mounting...I want to buy that exact set but don't have a clue how to mount them under the hood.

i went the simple route guys.. cut a piece of glass to cover the top.. then sat the heatsink right on the glass using rubber spacers... so its basically just sitting on top of the glass top..

See?

IMAG0187.jpg

BTW.. lenses where no good with this project.. they didn't fit under the stock hood.. not to mention they created a spotlight in the middle that didn't look too good... those where the 60deg lenses.

How hard was it to drill the tank?

It was supper easy.. its the thinest tank ive drilled.. just a dremmel and a tile cutting bit

• 3 weeks later...
bamboosharkbark

No way! You drilled your tank using the dremel tile cutter? Wow, I never thought of that, seems hard but I'm tempted to try. Any tips? ;)

Also what kind of paint are you gonna use? I have an orange fluval so I'll use black or orange if I find it!

How loud is that overflow, isn't that a durso?

Nice Work!

Nanoreefwanabe
No way! You drilled your tank using the dremel tile cutter? Wow, I never thought of that, seems hard but I'm tempted to try. Any tips? ;)

Also what kind of paint are you gonna use? I have an orange fluval so I'll use black or orange if I find it!

How loud is that overflow, isn't that a durso?

Nice Work!

i have "drilled" many tanks using the rotozip tile bit...it is a little nerve racking piercing the tank but once you have the bit through it cuts like butter...

only tips i can give are dont start directly on the edge of the hole start more to the middle about 5mm...with the bit on an angle same as you would with a hole saw bit...once it pops through you can straighten out the bit and cut as you desire...keep the water going on it though and lots of it...i have cut in the bath tub if the tank was small enough (very loud though) usually it is out on the deck with the garden hose clamped to the tank and running pretty good.

Nice looking tank!!!

I was going to make some shelving for my LR out of PVC what kind of paint is tank safe.??

Great looking tank. I would of never thought to drill it. As a result I am thinking of adding an IceProbe chiller to the tank. It gets pretty warm from the ambient room temp. I just have to figure out the layout.

I also converted my Edge's lighting to LED's. I run two 1watt bright white LED's and a one 1/2 watt blue LED. I replaced the toggle on/off switch with an identical three position on/of/on switch. All for under $25 bucks.

post-65918-1301786741_thumb.jpg Day mode

post-65918-1301786884_thumb.jpg Night mode

Archived