inTank Media Baskets

i have to brag, haha (:

Dr.eclipse

I had a diamond goby in an AGA tank with a glass-versa top. There was a maybe 1/4" gap along the back edge of the tank where the plastic piece didn't match the tank perfectly. That fish STILL jumped out.

Good deal, too bad you'll soon be begging your LFS to take the diamond goby back after a few weeks of water that never clears. Plus they get huge and are very very difficult to catch w/o tearing up your whole tank :( I learned this the hard way after realizing OOPS the orange spotted goby my LFS sold me wasn't so spotted. Trade it for a ywg and pocket the change

animalmaster6
Also, hate to break it to you, but diamond gobies aren't shrimp gobies. That fish will not pair up with that shrimp. Diamond Gobies also aren't good nano fish. They require a lot of food that a nano's sandbed can't give them. They also get huge...like 8"+ huge.

+1 These are not shrimp gobies and should not be kept in a nano. I hope your tank is pretty big!

Nice pistol shrimp though, what species? Some can be pretty dangerous, just a heads up.

well hes only 1 1/2 inch long, i have a 20L

im not really sure what shrimp it is.

i kinda thinkin of taking the goby back and trading it from a shrimp goby.

any ideas on what goby to get?

I've glued my coral on my sandbed to PVC on acrylic. Shrimp can't move them, and the only think he can do know is bury them, but that hasn't happened yet (probaly beacuase they are a good distance away from his burrow).

As for the goby, are you even sure that shrimp pairs with gobies?

If your LFS sold you a sandsifting goby as a shrimp goby, I woudn't trust them with the shrimp either. I guess you could try getting a shrimp goby, but maybe it would be better if you return both.

animalmaster6

im not really sure what shrimp it is.

i kinda thinkin of taking the goby back and trading it from a shrimp goby.

any ideas on what goby to get?

Take the Diamond Goby back. It most likely wouldn't survive. They need really large populations of microfauna especially when they are juveniles.

As for the goby, are you even sure that shrimp pairs with gobies?

+1

Some species of pistol shrimps do not pair with shrimp gobies.

Take pics of the pistol shrimp for us and I'll try to ID it.

alright, il see if hes out..should be lights are out

give me 5 minutes for the picture

no go on the pic. but uh even he doesn't pair i think ill keep him cause i like him :D

Doesn't matter that it's small. They still need to eat a lot and a nano cannot support them. I'd take it back before it jumps.

Friend of mine has a diamond, as well (20 Long).. it loves blood worms. Gets nice and fat off them. Seems to be doin great.

Just sayin.

Archived