SaltCritters.com

My new pico idea

Formula462

Wow this is a crazy idea. And not to be mean but I have no idea how you think this is going to work (Keep in mind im not a know it all in this subject) But a contact case? I will subscribe to this thread to see what you come up with. But why a contact case, you could probably get a nice clear bottle and do it in that.

Thanks,

Trever

Edit: And how did you think you were going to keep a fish or shrimp in there? Again not trying to be mean just a question

it's all about pushing that envelope man. Dhaut nailed it. It IS a crazy idea, and i am not 100% sure how i am gonna pull it off, but i'm gonna pull it off. and i chose contact cases because it's KARAZY! they are so small....i feel a need to cram as much life into them as possible. i don't know what it is to tell you the truth.

Dude, this project is gonna be so sick. You should try to put some sort of exotic goby in there. I mean, you'll prolly have to start from an egg and remove it as soon as it hatches, but it would be so sick to hatch an egg in there. Are you going to program your moonlights to simulate the phases of the moon over the year? That would be really wild if you actually got some coral to spawn in there.

Have you considered making a pico in your water pipe? Might be something fun to look at while you concoct new ideas.

man i don't mess with getting animals all jacked up, that's just not cool. i like to smoke because i like to smoke, i don't force it on fauna. but understand i'm not one of "those" idiots that subscribe to high times and jack off to the bud of the month. just good old fashioned doobies from time to time, maybe a beer or seven. and my join date is 100% coincidence.

please continue with the ideas guys! i really think this thing could thrive.

Yeah I guess it would be best to avoid baking out our reefs. My rainfords eyes are red enough and he is above the influence. And as far as the join date goes. I didn't even see that haha kinda funny.

Yeah I guess it would be best to avoid baking out our reefs. My rainfords eyes are red enough and he is above the influence. And as far as the join date goes. I didn't even see that haha kinda funny.

bwoodward0012

species specific pod tank. pick one species of pod and see if you can keep a couple alive for any amount of time. if they reproduce then you have a successful tank imo.

Well I do want to see what you come up with. If this works for you that would be sweet. But also its so small that it almost hard to enjoy. But you did open up new ideas in my mind ;) Im thinking of making a pico in a nice glass bottle, Any bottle suggestion?

Well I do want to see what you come up with. If this works for you that would be sweet. But also its so small that it almost hard to enjoy. But you did open up new ideas in my mind ;) Im thinking of making a pico in a nice glass bottle, Any bottle suggestion?

I like the bottle idea. Hardest part getting the live rock through the neck of the bottle. I guess you could go rubble and toss some shrooms in. Or drop blobs off glue and hope other pieces of rock hits it and stays.

markandstaci

Aw man, i'm sure everything was thriving right up until the end...

Any chance of restarting this project?

Perhaps it could work if you set it up as a perpetual "water change." somehow attach a zoa polyp or something in it and suspend it over a 20 gal+ tank and pump tank water up and let it fall into the "tank."

• 7 months later...

Lol I remember this. The amount of people who actually thought I was serious was cracking me up. I can tell who was playing along with me and who really thought I was serious. I got the idea to look this up after reading another thread for a retardedly small pico tank in some pickle jar or some ####. It's like people don't even care about the way something looks as long as it's tiny and doomed to fail.

Archived