Pod Your Reef

The "Mini" World! PIX!(rimless 10g build)

Mini-Dude

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna start a 10 later this week or next week. Spring break is next week..... fingerscrossed

I will believe it when I see it :P

Just use this one.

Should I change the name and specify where the action starts?

I will believe it when I see it :P

O you will see it I promise.

Should I change the name and specify where the action starts?

Considering your 12, people prolly aren't going to wanna see that type of action. :lol:

Oh you mean of your tank, where da hell are the pics man?? You have got to have something by now, no? Pics, or GFYF haha.

inb4yer

Op has been updated, questions/comments appreciated. Thanks

Have You removed the rim yet?

If not, don't do it! The glass on the standard 10 gallon is really thin and I would guess with the weight of the AC70 hanging on it, it would come apart pretty easy. The glass underneath the rim is not finished and will be sharp. You will eventually cut your entire hand off; it will fall in the tank and be eaten by the shrimp gobys.

If you have taken the rim off, I would get a new 10aga at Walmart. They are only like $12

northstar1357

You are probably the only person on NR that got so many posts with no tank. And you registered with NR last month and got 2,000 posts

LOLZ

Way too much posts to read

Have You removed the rim yet?

If not, don't do it! The glass on the standard 10 gallon is really thin and I would guess with the weight of the AC70 hanging on it, it would come apart pretty easy. The glass underneath the rim is not finished and will be sharp. You will eventually cut your entire hand off; it will fall in the tank and be eaten by the shrimp gobys.

If you have taken the rim off, I would get a new 10aga at Walmart. They are only like $12

I havent removed anything yet. I will get some pics up this afternoon. google the 10 gallong Marina kit cause tta what I'm useing.

You are probably the only person on NR that got so many posts with no tank. And you registered with NR last month and got 2,000 posts

LOLZ

Way too much posts to read

Yeah I know...but I've learned a lot

I'm just taking off the canopy. Not the rim...but it will be rimless without the canopy if thats going to be a problem

Any comments on stocking?

northstar1357

How much do you really know about tanks now? i am all confused. 64 pages worth of post with no pictures dude.

Well going back to c esta ma green banded gobys.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

greenbandedelacatinus_multifasciatus.jpg

aquascaping.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223431

Then if only due to the fact your trying to keep costs down& there relatively easy to find. While not the everyday fish. Zebra Daetfish.

zebraDartfish3.jpg

Green Bandeds are really cool. i looked ito them sometime ago but just dropped the thought...now I will look into them some more....I am guessing that minimal aquascaping is in...less rock more ater volume...

improves the amount of swim space. allows for better flow. doesn't look like a fruit stand trying to sell rock.

Ok, once my stuff from herranton comes in (mon or tues) I will get the rock and start scaping. I'm going to use the larger of the aragonite sand for substrate...how many lbs do yall recommend?

Hey Mini-dude, Great to see your starting the tank.

Most people go with 1 lb of sand per gallon, So start with 10 lbs and then see if you need more.

I think I will be able to get pics of the tank right now if you would like to see them..and what the tank looks like....do yall?

Archived