Top Shelf Aquatics

The "Mini" World! PIX!(rimless 10g build)

Mini-Dude

Seriously clicking ignore next time theres a ? that hasn't been searched before hand, posted in the correct forum, & so forth...

One last time & in this order.

SEARCH!!! OR YOU WILL RECEIVE NO HELP!!!

LEARN.

READ THREADS.

LEARN.

ASK QUESTIONS. (REFERENCING WHAT YOU LEARNED & BASING THE QUESTIONS ON IT.)

LEARN.

DON'T IGNORE THE ANSWERS GIVEN, TO YOUR QUESTION.

LEARN.

FIND OUT WHY YOU WHERE GIVEN THOSE ANSWER'S.

LEARN.

ONCE YOU MAKE IT THIS FAR PEOPLE WILL START TO HELP YOU AGAIN. MAYBE.

NOTE THAT. THE ONLY TWO THINGS HAPPENING IN THIS PROCESS, ARE RESEARCHING & LEARNING. YOUR SYSTEM SET UP & SELECTION IS IRRELEVANT. UNLESS YOUR HAVE TAKING THE TIME TO LEARN THE SKILLS TO NOT MURDER YOUR LIVESTOCK. ONCE YOU BEGIN THIS PROCESS YOU ARE A NOOB, UNTIL THEN YOU ARE ON IGNORE. PROBLEM IS NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW YOU'VE MADY IT TO AT LEAST BEING A NOOB. SINCE NO ONE CAN SEE YOUR POSTS.

I WILL GIVE YOU THIS LAST BIT OF ADVICE.

SPEND THE TIME THAT YOU WOULD NORMALLY BE POSTING, READING WETWEBMEDIA. THEN WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT ALL COME & LET US KNOW WHAT YOU LEARNED.

UNTIL THEN.

DON'T SPEAK UNLESS IT IMPROVES THE SILENCE.

Really?

You assume that I am new to this hobby?

I posted in the wrong thread. I'm sorry if it made your eyes bleed or something else horrible.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no not you... it was for md hes getting a liitle out of hand posting and reposting...also thanks for the wetwebmedia plug, i like new stuff to read myself

Now to help put you on the right path hears a good place to start.

You where told that starting with a larger system is better by myself & many others. why? Come back with the ability to answer that. Without having been told by anyone & you'll stay of ignore.

oh, ok. Seriously, i am sorry for posting in the wrong thread though.

So can anybody tell me what's the difference between specific gravity and salinity?

J/K

Piece.

Now to help put you on the right path hears a good place to start.

You where told that starting with a larger system is better by myself & many others. why? Come back with the ability to answer that. Without having been told by anyone & you'll stay of ignore.

It is because you will have more room for error.

Really?

You assume that I am new to this hobby?

I posted in the wrong thread. I'm sorry if it made your eyes bleed or something else horrible.

oh, ok. Seriously, i am sorry for posting in the wrong thread though.

So can anybody tell me what's the difference between specific gravity and salinity?

J/K

Piece.

no worry's mate.

post count & join date are meaningless in almost every forum I've ever seen.

the fact you took time to answer someone's question is meaningful.

Welcome & see around.

It is because you will have more room for error.

Good.

Now whats the next thing that someone's told you, that you don't know why they told it to you.

Ummmm I dont want you to leave me you have such good info.

But I really dont know.

O now I know one! That j should ditch the NC idea and go DIY. D told me that but ibwasnt sure why.

Yeah I knew whT that was for and I read them right after he posted it. I also read them the first time I ever found this forum site. What else was there?

so go search two things to answer this.

all in one tanks & what can be done with them to meet your needs .

how a diy setup can be used to meet your needs.

now before you go & do this I have one question for you to answer.

do you know what your needs are & or will be.

Yeah I knew whT that was for and I read them right after he posted it. I also read them the first time I ever found this forum site. What else was there?

Ah this is where its going to start sucking. go back to the beginning of the thread & look at each peace of advice you've been given. If you can't explain why they gave it to you. SEARCH. Mmm... you've only got 50 pages to go through.

My needs are; this will be in a bedroom, limited space, limited budget, aesthetics, and fits stocking plans.

now as far as lgreens thread. you I believe read it before posting about stocking. yet there where several things in that stocking list that had conflicts. so this would be another point to do more research in.

Ok I will right now, I have it book marked I will get back to you ASAP but really don't know what is conflicting.

Seriously clicking ignore next time theres a ? that hasn't been searched before hand, posted in the correct forum, & so forth...

One last time & in this order.

SEARCH!!! OR YOU WILL RECEIVE NO HELP!!!

LEARN.

READ THREADS.

LEARN.

ASK QUESTIONS. (REFERENCING WHAT YOU LEARNED & BASING THE QUESTIONS ON IT.)

LEARN.

DON'T IGNORE THE ANSWERS GIVEN, TO YOUR QUESTION.

LEARN.

FIND OUT WHY YOU WHERE GIVEN THOSE ANSWER'S.

LEARN.

ONCE YOU MAKE IT THIS FAR PEOPLE WILL START TO HELP YOU AGAIN. MAYBE.

NOTE THAT. THE ONLY TWO THINGS HAPPENING IN THIS PROCESS, ARE RESEARCHING & LEARNING. YOUR SYSTEM SET UP & SELECTION IS IRRELEVANT. UNLESS YOUR HAVE TAKING THE TIME TO LEARN THE SKILLS TO NOT MURDER YOUR LIVESTOCK. ONCE YOU BEGIN THIS PROCESS YOU ARE A NOOB, UNTIL THEN YOU ARE ON IGNORE. PROBLEM IS NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW YOU'VE MADY IT TO AT LEAST BEING A NOOB. SINCE NO ONE CAN SEE YOUR POSTS.

I WILL GIVE YOU THIS LAST BIT OF ADVICE.

SPEND THE TIME THAT YOU WOULD NORMALLY BE POSTING, READING WETWEBMEDIA. THEN WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT ALL COME & LET US KNOW WHAT YOU LEARNED.

UNTIL THEN.

DON'T SPEAK UNLESS IT IMPROVES THE SILENCE.

I'm all for yelling at people to search, but this is MD's thread. If he wants to ask the same questions over and over again, that's his choice.

IMO, He is doing the responsible thing. Even if it is because he has a limited supply of money. By the time he is ready to set up the tank, he should have sufficient knowledge to keeping it healthy. I remember what it is like to not have enough $$$ and constantly teeter toter back and forth on what the best purchase might be. It is really hard to make decisions in that situation.

MD - I think that the 20L would be a great choice. The FNI fixture will work well and the aio style refugium on one side would be cool. Focus now on getting water in the tank(well focus on actually getting the tank too :P ). I have been lurking in your threads for a while now and I am happy you finally made your choice. Don't worry about your stocking lists just yet, just have a rough idea of what you want. I promise that once you have a pair of clowns, you wont need any other fish. their antics will keep you busy. Stick to your plan with the tank. Its a good one.

My needs are; this will be in a bedroom, limited space, limited budget, aesthetics, and fits stocking plans.

Ah but what is implied by each of these & what needs did you not know about. thus leaving them out.

example: stocking

how much do you know about livestock. with limited knowledge, thus limited understanding. how well does the list interact with itself.

the question this leads me to ask is the point of a stocking list. or how should one approach stocking a tank. what is it that is trying to be accomplished.

I'm all for yelling at people to search, but this is MD's thread. If he wants to ask the same questions over and over again, that's his choice.

IMO, He is doing the responsible thing. Even if it is because he has a limited supply of money. By the time he is ready to set up the tank, he should have sufficient knowledge to keeping it healthy. I remember what it is like to not have enough $$$ and constantly teeter toter back and forth on what the best purchase might be. It is really hard to make decisions in that situation.

MD - I think that the 20L would be a great choice. The FNI fixture will work well and the aio style refugium on one side would be cool. Focus now on getting water in the tank(well focus on actually getting the tank too :P ). I have been lurking in your threads for a while now and I am happy you finally made your choice. Don't worry about your stocking lists just yet, just have a rough idea of what you want. I promise that once you have a pair of clowns, you wont need any other fish. their antics will keep you busy. Stick to your plan with the tank. Its a good one.

Thanks herrinton. I really love this type of tank style. I know I have done a lot of changing mind things but sometimes I am indecisive. I am going to do this tank because it fits all my needs. Tonight I presented my dad a plan that if he would pay for the equipment I would pay for livestock. I told him that livestock will add up way quicker than equipment by my calculations. So hopefully he says yes to that and if he does then we should have the tank soon. fingerscrossed thanks everyone for the support I like to ask questions because I love to learn more

I am going to do this tank because it fits all my needs.

one of the main points that has been made repeatedly. is that there has not been enough research to understand what/which needs are trying to be met.

with so much focus on the tank. while there has been almost none on the skills & understanding needed. you will become limited by the system & have the needs dictated to you. where as if you take the time to build awareness & skills. then you can build the system around a true ecosystem.

Yeah cause everyone is dissing me cause I cant make up my mind.....

But I have made up my mind. Im doing a 20l double peninsula

animalmaster6

MD I'm glad you have made up your mind. If you ever need help on livestock or anything biological let me know. Equipment and filtration is Jp's speciality. BUT that still means you need to do LOTS of researching for the next couple of months before asking questions. Only if you can't find the answer through research you should ask.

I also wanted to point out that with time on N-R comes great knoweledge.

Archived