Help Me Understand this pH test.

tmn_3

I am currently looking at reef chemistry kits and I am little confused on how this test kit works???

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...mp;pcatid=13523

I have done my research and I have the basic knowledge on what tests are needed and I am slowly understanding the cause and effects of these test results. ( I think you need a chemistry degree to be in this hobby, lol)

Ok, so now on to my question about these pH test kits from the link above. I understand what pH is but I thought it was just a one simple test. I do not understand the difference between what they call "pH test kit" and "High Range pH test kit" ???? They are sold separately but do you need both to get an accurate pH reading?

Thanks for taking the time to read and any other advice for water testing and good tests kits would be appreciated.

I am currently looking at reef chemistry kits and I am little confused on how this test kit works???

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...mp;pcatid=13523

I have done my research and I have the basic knowledge on what tests are needed and I am slowly understanding the cause and effects of these test results. ( I think you need a chemistry degree to be in this hobby, lol)

Ok, so now on to my question about these pH test kits from the link above. I understand what pH is but I thought it was just a one simple test. I do not understand the difference between what they call "pH test kit" and "High Range pH test kit" ???? They are sold separately but do you need both to get an accurate pH reading?

Thanks for taking the time to read and any other advice for water testing and good tests kits would be appreciated.

hi,

many go with Salifert test kits as do i.

pH Low Range Tests pH levels from 6.0 to 7.6.

pH High Range Test Kit - 7.4 to 8.8.

you need high range. Your water suposed to be around 8,2-8,4 during day.

hi,

many go with Salifert test kits as do i.

pH Low Range Tests pH levels from 6.0 to 7.6.

pH High Range Test Kit - 7.4 to 8.8.

you need high range. Your water suposed to be around 8,2-8,4 during day.

yup high range is what you need

fill to the line...add 5 drops.....mix for 5 seconds.....match color to card.....simple as that

Archived