Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Im not killing my fish, sorry

brandolando4

i didnt mean fish don't have a nervous system. feelings.. like emotions.. i dont think the fish is going to care either way if its dead. lol

indeed 100% of all life-forms no longer care once they are dead. that's true.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that, but what could have shocked him, he was doing that in my display tank too for a whole day and a half, then its been another day since he's been laying on the floor, I don't want to kill him, I just don't like watching him laying there refusing to eat.

I get that, but what could have shocked him, he was doing that in my display tank too for a whole day and a half, then its been another day since he's been laying on the floor, I don't want to kill him, I just don't like watching him laying there refusing to eat.

they can go a few days without food. did he do that the second you put him in? was he fine for a week and THEN started acting that way? i think it sounds like he was kinda shocked when being put in the display, and now he's even more shocked because you keep moving him around and poking at him and dropping his salinity and what not.

Perhaps you should learn how to properly care for the fish, and fix the problem, rather than executing the fish. If the fish has some serious abnormailty, I would humanely euthanize it.

Hey, I know I'm a noob, but I research how to take care of clownfish for many hours before buying them, I can take care of a fish, hence my other fish living, and acting happy!!

well then it might just be one of those things. if he dies, or you kill him, cut him open and examine his gut and throat/gill area to see if anything is stuck. i have heard of them choking on bristle worms and things of that nature.

danthenewreefman

Do you have sufficent surface agitation in the QT tank?

just a thought....

I'd try to make his water as PERFECT as possible and wait it out. Hopefully it'll make it.

My lfs suggested that too, that the fish may have just been a bad fish...

I have 2 airstones and a powerhead pointing up.!!

Clownfish, I know u guys told me not to, but I got impatient

<snip>

Please don't Judge me for buying another fish my lfs told me it would be alright

<snip>

Hey, I know I'm a noob, but I research how to take care of clownfish for many hours before buying them, I can take care of a fish, hence my other fish living, and acting happy!!

Doing the research and knowing what you are doing only help if you actually abide by those principles.

You clearly know you should not have bought the fish, so the whole "Hey, I know what I am doing argument" kinda falls flat.

Put the fish in the corner of a zip-lock bag and give it a quick whack on the counter. Instant, those other methods are TOO SLOW. I would rather die from instant impact than freeze to death or slowly be poisoned to make the executioner feel better about it.

Is there a specific reason that you want to kill it? You already have a hospital tank set up so what is the harm in keeping it until it recovers or dies? I hear the whole "put it out of it's misery" thing, but you don't even know what is wrong... It may have somethign as simple as "shock." Would you want someone to kill you if you were scared and hiding in a corner shaking? You know - just to put you out of your misery? lol...

^This

Put him in a hospital tank and make him as comfortable as possible. If he dies...he dies. But don't take away any chance of survival. Weird #### happens...fish bounce back. Just let it ride.

burtbollinger
^This

Put him in a hospital tank and make him as comfortable as possible. If he dies...he dies. But don't take away any chance of survival. Weird #### happens...fish bounce back. Just let it ride.

+1

Yeah do not kill it. That's ridiculous just see if he pulls through and keep doing what your doing. 1.025-1.026 stop the hyposalinity (SLOWLY).

No I knew I was ok with the fish, because my other fish had no diseases, my lfs recommended me to do it, if I waited longer it wouldnt have accomplished anything because the ich would still be in the system becaus ethe goby was in the system, I'm not going to argue with u. But I feel my water params at 0, my coral open and growing everyday suggests that although I may be a noon, I have some idea of what's going on

Ok I'll let him ride it out, how long should I wait if he continues to not eat, should I rise salinity, slowly?! What's the best method for doing that?!

Any other Theries as to what could be happening?!

man i really don't want to come off as a douche but.....the more you post the more it comes clear that you think you know alot about what you are doing because of books and skimming these forums. i can tell you intentions are good, but in reality i think you may be moving too fast and trying to do too much. just take it slow and remember that if a statement starts with "my LFS encouraged me to do it...they said it will be good" usually means you can ignore said statement.

man i really don't want to come off as a douche but.....the more you post the more it comes clear that you think you know alot about what you are doing because of books and skimming these forums. i can tell you intentions are good, but in reality i think you may be moving too fast and trying to do too much. just take it slow and remember that if a statement starts with "my LFS encouraged me to do it...they said it will be good" usually means you can ignore said statement.

i agree.. ive never had a fish die and reading through forums it seems you have had big problems with keeping fish alive

Archived