inTank Media Baskets

Bleached finger leathers?

Wilioli

Are these two corals (toadstool and devils hand) bleached? I didn't think they were.. .I googled images of each, and it seems they SOMETIMES come in white... but I have no idea...:S

toadstool.jpg

devilshand2.jpg

we'll let you be the judge....what do you think??

lol serious?

I have no idea.. I thought they were fine until someone mentioned that they thought it was bleached and that I should shade it... Looked into it and I see some say shade some say leave it alone.. either way -- I thought finger leathers could be white!

lol serious?

I have no idea.. I thought they were fine until someone mentioned that they thought it was bleached and that I should shade it... Looked into it and I see some say shade some say leave it alone.. either way -- I thought finger leathers could be white!

:lol:

NOT that white!!

yea.....they're pretty damn bleached

once a coral/clam expels THAT much Zooxanthellae it's a slim to none chance that it will recover....sorry to be the bearer of bad news

once a coral/clam expels THAT much Zooxanthellae it's a slim to none chance that it will recover....sorry to be the bearer of bad news

not at all -- the truth hurts.. but its the truth right? lol

so is it in my head that this coral is... growing?

If the polyps are extended it most likely is growing and recovering.I think it looks like its on a comeback.

i beg to differ.....it looks like it's beyond the realm of recovory

lol this isn't helping my indecisiveness

I've had a few like that it was because they were shaded not because of too much light.

neither is this.. !

sooo too much light not enuff light?!!?

Builder Anthony

Left right lol So does it look better then you got it?JUst keep your water parameters exzactly as they are if it is doing well.Im not sure about the light you would have to experiment which is not good to do at this point.If it looks like its doing good then it most likely is.

POst another picture.

Lets give it a few months and find out. I think it'll recover, but won't look nearly as good as it did before it bleached out.

Left right lol So does it look better then you got it?JUst keep your water parameters exzactly as they are if it is doing well.Im not sure about the light you would have to experiment which is not good to do at this point.If it looks like its doing good then it most likely is.

POst another picture.

I started shading them with cut out sheets of mesh screen that I put on the eggcrate over top of each coral. I think they are looking better, but I would totally believe you if you told me it was all in my head.. lol

Lets give it a few months and find out. I think it'll recover, but won't look nearly as good as it did before it bleached out.

very passive, peaceful -- seems as tho I don't have much of a choice

Try target feeding them a bit.

they are pretty tiny.. less than an inch tall -- not sure if target feeding would 'work', ill try, but.. .yea... especially the devils hand.. looks like its just solid -- no openings nothing...

POst another picture.

sorry just realized u said this now.. umm... u prolly won't see this..but here's another post, i dont' really see much of a difference in the pics... but in my head i do.. lol

toadstool2.jpg

devilhand2.jpg

Archived