ReefCleaners.org

Quarantine your Chaeto?

kriskristofferzen

kriskristofferzen

I picked up a ball of chaeto today. I would like opinions if people give this a fresh water bath/ leave it out of the water for a day/ add any chemicals to it etc. Any feedback is always welcome :D

Most people like the things that come with their chaeto.

I would try to minimize the time it spends out of the water. A lot of benificial things come with chaeto. Once you get it home, inspect it for anything obvios, then, strait into the tank

You could get a container of tank water and give it a good shake and see what comes out. If you notice any flatworms then give it a freshwater dip.

kriskristofferzen
You could get a container of tank water and give it a good shake and see what comes out. If you notice any flatworms then give it a freshwater dip.

will do thanks everyone!

Everything that goes in my tank gets some type of dip. My chaeto got a DI water dip for 15 minutes before going in my tank. IMHO I rather kill some wanted stuff in order not to bring something bad in my tank.

I bought my cheato from a reliable LFS that would not sell me stuff out of there sump, but periodicaly quarantines some then seels it. One small clump came with several beneficial hitchhikers including three mini brittle stars very cool. However there is always risk involved when adding thinds to your tank.

Archived