stealth pro!

Rubrisparsa

:o :o We reached out to United Pet Group and asked them why the Stealth Pro Heaters were pulled from PetSmart’s store shelves but have not been recalled? Marineland was kind enough to send a response back that we have included below. Note, if you are still using these heaters in your tank or sump area, it would be a very wise move to stop using these immediately and find an adequate replacement.

From UPG’s legal department:

Why has PetSmart pulled these products while you haven’t recalled?

During a routine review of our customer service records UPG identified a higher than average return rate for certain models of Stealth and Stealth Pro heaters. United Pet Group voluntarily contacted CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) as there may be a potential issue with these heaters. We are working with CPSC to determine the appropriate next steps and have asked our retailers to refrain from selling these products at this time. As always, customer satisfaction is our top priority and UPG stands behind our products and our warranty. Any consumer who is unhappy with their product should contact UPG at (800) 338-4896 and we will make every effort to resolve any problems.

;) I can taste the sarcasm StevieT....and I like it.

But in their defense, I am sure they thought it was hot news and wanted the world to know!

I am relying on a stealth pro for my sps tank.... if this were to fail it would be bad! i have never had a problem with mine, it is + or - 1 degree. But we will find out.... And this is Only for certain models!!!!

Maybe its just the batches sent to Petsmart. Would like to know more before i take mine out. It is always on target but doesn't mean it cant just crap out.

Maybe its just the batches sent to Petsmart. Would like to know more before i take mine out. It is always on target but doesn't mean it cant just crap out.

No, I got an email from Dr Foster and Smith about them too.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
No, I got an email from Dr Foster and Smith about them too.

Same here, yeah to anyone with one, I would remove it ASAP, luckily I bought mine from foster and smith and there shipping me out a different heater free of charge.

i wouldnt pull it asap unless you had a backup. take it to petco or petsmart and just replace it. i had a 200w stealth and i just swapped it for another heater no questions asked.

Archived