Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dimmable driving for 5 Cree's

lazaah

Hello, I am looking to light my 1sqft tank with 3 CREE XP-E Royal Blue 3W and 2 CREE XP-G Neutral White 3W. Probably buy them from rapid led unless theres somewhere more convienient. Ive noticed their drivers are only suitable for 8+ leds. What do I do about this? Id like to be able to dim the colours so I dont damage the coral, should i just worry about dimming the blues, whites, or both?

Cheers for any advice

Hello, I am looking to light my 1sqft tank with 3 CREE XP-E Royal Blue 3W and 2 CREE XP-G Neutral White 3W. Probably buy them from rapid led unless theres somewhere more convienient. Ive noticed their drivers are only suitable for 8+ leds. What do I do about this? Id like to be able to dim the colours so I dont damage the coral, should i just worry about dimming the blues, whites, or both?

Cheers for any advice

I am looking ot purchase from there too, same thing 3 Cree RB and XP-G NW. Sort of in the same boat. Evilc66 Said something about two buckpucks to do the job.

buckpucks will drive 1-6 leds. if you want to be able to independently control the color temp, then get dimmable drivers for both, they are only a dollar more than non-dimmable and allow you to acclimate corals or just turn down the brightness if it's too bright.

OK well heres my shopping list, is this exactly what i need minus heatsink and fan, or am I missing something?

x2 3023-D-E-1000P Wired BuckPuck, 1000mA Output, DC Powered w/ Potentiometer $39.98

x2 Aluminum Potentiometer Turn Knob $4.98

x1 12VDC 2.5A 30-Watt Power Supply $14.99

From Rapidled:

x3 CREE XP-E Royal Blue 3W LED on star $18.75

x3 CREE XP-G Neutral White 3W LED on Star $20.25

x3 Solderless Connector for CREE XP-E LEDs $4.50

x3 Solderless Connector for CREE XP-G LEDs $4.50

x1 Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive $6.99

Also can the solderless conntectors be used with the thermal adhesive rather than drill and tapping the heatsink?

Cheers!

yes but it looks as if the solderless connector is held to the LED by the screw that holds the LED to the heat sink. when you use a screw to hold an LED to a heat sink you use thermal grease to make the thermal connection to the heat sink.

Archived