Jump to content

What kind of silicone do I use to apply the baffles in my glass sump?


Recommended Posts


Cheap answer: 1/4" acrylic and GE Silicone I from Home Depot.


Better answer: 1/4 glass from a glass shop, cut to 1/8" narrower than the inside width of the tank with edges polished and Momentive RTV 103 or RTV 108 silicone from Grainger or online.



Link to comment

I would recommend glass for glass sump. I used Acrylic and wished I used glass. Also Lowes sale Silicone and it say on the package for aquairum use. Also Petco and Petsmart sale aquarium silicone. My Petco sale clear and black.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recommended Discussions

  • Create New...