Cultivated Reef

Boicube 14 Heater & Thermometer Question

privitor

So on my 14g biocube, Its time to get the heater.

Question 1

I love in florida so there is not much need for a big heater but i do need one to keep it from fluxing

i have read stories about people getting the freshwater heaters and they not work in SW. I have been looking into different kinds and non of then say for SW use. So what should i get to put in chamber one?

Question 2

As for the thermometer, What have you guy found to be the most accurate? Ive seen people using mercury ones from wally world and ive seen people use Very expensive digital ones...

Recommendations please

So on my 14g biocube, Its time to get the heater.

Question 1

I love in florida so there is not much need for a big heater but i do need one to keep it from fluxing

i have read stories about people getting the freshwater heaters and they not work in SW. I have been looking into different kinds and non of then say for SW use. So what should i get to put in chamber one?

Question 2

As for the thermometer, What have you guy found to be the most accurate? Ive seen people using mercury ones from wally world and ive seen people use Very expensive digital ones...

Recommendations please

Any heater I've ever seen can be used in fresh or saltwater. The only question is whether or not it can be completely submerged or not.

A plain old glass mercury thermometer is as accurate as anything unless you want to pay huge money for a lab grade thermometer....not necessary. Within reason a stable temp is more important than an exact temp to .1 accuracy.

Archived