Cultivated Reef

16.5" T5 bulbs

fote03

I just picked up one of Currents 20" fixtures 2x 18w t5 and was wondering where i can buy replacement bulbs or better yet some better bulbs? Im thinking two 12K bulbs.

I just picked up one of Currents 20" fixtures 2x 18w t5 and was wondering where i can buy replacement bulbs or better yet some better bulbs? Im thinking two 12K bulbs.

You can get current's own TrueLumen bulbs (they have 12k bulbs, 420 an 460) or you can go with the nanotuners uvl bulbs.. Those are a tad more expensive (not really an issue when you're only buying two) and those bulbs are 1/4in short. I also think some bulbs are out of stock for a very long time (eg 454s).

^^+1

The 454s have been out of stock for a while trying to get the bulb length issue cleared up. There 1st stock of bulbs they got came in 1/4" short. Now that they are out of 454's and if they order new ones they will be a 1/4 longer. This will caue a problem since you really need the same length of bulb in many light fixture. This is true with the fixture you have, I no because I have one myself with Nanotuners UVL's in it. You can adjust the bulb plugs to fit the shorter bulbs.

Archived