Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wtrouman's 2 Gallon Fluval spec

wtroutman

I have never actually used sketchup.

Pencil and paper/ MSpaint for me :P

I use paint for my online visuals but mostly bencil and paper for my own reference.

Update: I pulled a derp moment. I got my order yesterday an guess what? I totally never check to make sure I had both drivers. I updated my cart but I guess it didn't go through and dummy me didn't check it. I ordered another driver and hopefully this will be here....today.

I was hoping to start this weekend so I paid the 14 bucks to 2 day ship it. I couldn't justify the 30is to overnight it.

Hopefully I can get started this weekend :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all have ou moments. Like yesterday we had a work sheet in math and I couldn't even multiply right. :shakesheadwhileholdingbrigeofnose:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The light...is 50% done!

as in...functional...just need a nice looking shroud!!!!

Pics do not do it real life justice!

Switch and buckpucks

100_5186.jpg?t=1300072141

Drilled

100_5189.jpg?t=1300072141

3 white, about 20%

100_5190.jpg?t=1300072141

3 whites, 100%

100_5191.jpg?t=1300072141

ZOMG bright

100_5192.jpg?t=1300072141

FTS ~25%

100_5198.jpg?t=1300072141

Shroom

100_5202.jpg?t=1300072141

Zoas getting over being mad

100_5204.jpg?t=1300072141

I still have to build a pretty shroud but omg I love it!

did you go with Cree LEDs? they are really great. how many of each did you put on the heatsink?

also i see a marina cubus :P

what's in it?

did you go with Cree LEDs? they are really great. how many of each did you put on the heatsink?

also i see a marina cubus :P

what's in it?

I did go with Cree's. 3 q5's and 3 royal blues on 2 drivers.

It's overkill for the tank but I can adjust them enough.

I love it!

The cubus has darth betta in it.

There is a pic on the previous page.

I also have a cubus at work with Boba Fish in it :D

I chocked on my grapes when i read that post :lol:

your LED build seems exactly the same as the one on my 3 gal pico. its a pretty nice display light, turns your pico room into disco room with all the shimmer. the best part is the RB actinic. i see you already took pics under it. amazing results as expected.

I'm using a cubus tank for a sunlit pico idea. But it probably wont be as good as what it's intended use is lol. (that said I do not endorse bettas in sub 5 gal tanks...even though I keep mine in a 2.5 gal atm...I know I'm hypocritical at times :P)

Wow your Spec looks wwwwwaaayyyy better with those new LED's!

I have a Chi for my betta and I'm getting my sister a betta for her b-day in April.

<---Loves his new light!

I need to fabricate a shroud for it but I am so happy with it.

The pico has a temporary inhabitant...a poor lonely firefish that surfaced after months of him being no where to be found in my BC29. Keep in mind as there was nothing really to speak of in this tank as I thought for sure this little guy was gone months ago and it has been neglected. Yesterday... I saw a flash of orange....tore the tank apart and there he was. After tearing it apart, to be cautious of what I may have stirred up, I move him to the Pico until I get the 29 situated.

Archived