Cultivated Reef

The Shrimp Picture Thread

Squared

I wanted to start a picture thread for shrimp and other inverts, seeing as there isn't one hear on NR. Looking for pictures of rare shrimp mostly, but really, any pic of any invert is welcome.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they are pretty awsome...

100_3401.jpg

gok%20001.JPG

100_3620.jpg

100_3994.JPG

100_3998.JPG

100_3999.JPG

100_3991.JPG

100_3868.JPG

100_3543.jpg

100_3523.jpg

oh how i miss those shrimp...

Phyllognathia ceratophthalma ( Bongo Shrimp )

bongo-shrimp.jpg

Emperor Shrimp Periclimenes imperator

Emperor_Shrimp_ps.jpg

Harlequin Shrimp (Hawaii) Hymenocerca picta

hymenocerca-picta-9.jpg

Gotta love the rare inverts omgomgomg

LFS had 4 of these guys last week

BullseyePistol.jpg

Bullseye Pistol Shrimp..

they were running for 30 bucks...i wanted one, but i dont think adding a second pistol to a 16g would have been a good idea

CoralWhisperer

My personal favorite shrimps . . .

Wouldnt even consider having a reeftank without these beauties.

fireshrimps004.jpg

fireshrimps002.jpg

fireshrimps005.jpg

And for those that swear up and down that flame hawks cannot be kept with any shrimps . . .

fireshrimps007.jpg

LFS had 4 of these guys last week

BullseyePistol.jpg

Bullseye Pistol Shrimp..

they were running for 30 bucks...i wanted one, but i dont think adding a second pistol to a 16g would have been a good idea

Yeah, those are awsome looking.

My personal favorite shrimps . . .

Wouldnt even consider having a reeftank without these beauties.

fireshrimps004.jpg

fireshrimps002.jpg

fireshrimps005.jpg

And for those that swear up and down that flame hawks cannot be kept with any shrimps . . .

fireshrimps007.jpg

Is that pair? Have you seen eggs?

19jeffro83 what kind of shrimp is that in your last picture on the gorgonian. Does that shrimp host the gorgonian in a symbiotic relationship or does was it just hanging out on it

I can answer that for you...that is a whitespot anemone shrimp. They host nems, but I guess they wonder around if they do not have one...

That's a glass anemone shrimp. It is usually hosted by a type of nem but my porcelain crab won't give it up to him so he found a different home. I think that they host a variety of corals like rics and mushrooms too. I used to have a group of 5 sexies that loved that gorg but they all disappeared when I got my tatanka pygmy wrasse.

Ummm excuse me but I believe I'm the one with the Bongo Shrimp ;). Anyhow I vote that all the pics in this thread should be your own and not from google or other websites. IDK, it kinda makes it more close to home.

Phantom Pistol Shrimp:

photo-11.jpg

Emperors:

DSC_0141marked.jpg

Coral Banded:

CIMG1095marked.jpg

Pederson:

_DSC0082.jpg

Brown Grass:

DSC_0086.jpg

Blood:

DSC_0059.jpg

Technically not a Shrimp but:

CIMG0482.jpg

Of the Bongo Variety:

_DSC0244-1.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

Of the Skunk Variety:

DSC_0325.jpg

Randall's Pistol:

_DSC0247.jpg

Mud Shrimp:

P1010695.jpg

The Sexy Kind:

SANY0036.jpg

I WIN!!!

Ummm excuse me but I believe I'm the one with the Bongo Shrimp ;). Anyhow I vote that all the pics in this thread should be your own and not from google or other websites. IDK, it kinda makes it more close to home.

True I removed the picture from your thread earlier and went with a google one :P

I thought this was sort of an ID/Info thread so outside pics were ok? Or is it on the inverts you own?

On another note I was browsing threw the shrimp ID guide for Hawaii and was shocked to see ones like the Emperor shrimp are found here, too bad they host Spanish dancers which are very difficult to keep!! Also some others like coral hosting, urchin hosting and other neat rare ones.

I have to admit this is the nicest specimens of a Harlequin shrimp I have ever seen, I hope to find one similar to it

purple/orange/red mix is stunning,

hymenocerca-picta-11.jpg

Squared Yes, that is a mated pair of gold coral shrimp. I can probably get you a pair if you want. Maybe they are $30 - 40 per pair. I've had these guys for a long time, so I can't remember how much they cost. They are easy to keep and stay very small compared to regular coral banded shrimp.

yah...cept i really can't afford shipping. or really want to pay shipping. i can only afford 1 shrimp right now, anyway...but thanks for the offer.

those guys are native to the carribean, right?

Archived