Cultivated Reef

JBJ Owners Club!

Mini-Dude

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOTM, Tank of the month.

I was wondering if the tanks that are already posted follow the whole lbs of rock to water ratio. I was just interested, because I see some full tanks and some that don’t have as much rock.

All my photos are taken with a 5 year old canon rebel. I do have a nice upgraded lens which I think makes a huge difference over the stock lens that comes with the camera.

Thank you all for the nice comments on my tank. In a year from now one of you will have the new TOTM. Just takes time, money and patience. And more money!

The Rebel is actually what I've been looking at the most. I'm pretty much settled on it. However, after dropping $400 on the LED lighting, the Canon will probably have to wait a while. :P

Well I think it's time to get some Pico's aboard! I have not seen any JBJ Pico owners post here and this thread is all about everything JBJ. Lets see them Pico's! :D

Is 25lbs sufficient for this size tank?

Well I have 20 lbs of base rock and 5 lbs of live..course my base is slowly turning into live. I've noticed red coraline starting on my base rock.

Sweet tank! I love the big mushroom in the middle.

I'm a fan of heavy rockwork - 45 lbs. in my 28.

I think I'm gonna strwith 25 and if I want more I will get more. When do you think you bloom will be outta there?

It's only been up for like 4 months but it's coming along. I also need to get better FTS's but that's tough with LEDs. It's a learning process! Check out the link in my sig for some macro's and other fun pictures! Thanks for viewing!

IMG_0967r2.jpg?t=1297925445

IMG_0985.jpg?t=1297791294

IMG_1006.jpg?t=1297792102

NC12g. 9 days old and cycling. Can't wait to start adding livestock :)

day2cycle.jpg

For those that have this tank....how do you run your heater wire, etc. out of the lid? Did you cut a hole in the lid? The hood really is crimping the wire. I've had to run tape around it to protect it.

day2cycle.jpg

For those that have this tank....how do you run your heater wire, etc. out of the lid? Did you cut a hole in the lid? The hood really is crimping the wire. I've had to run tape around it to protect it.

Use a razor blade to cut a small notch from the plastic on the lid.

It's only been up for like 4 months but it's coming along. I also need to get better FTS's but that's tough with LEDs. It's a learning process! Check out the link in my sig for some macro's and other fun pictures! Thanks for viewing!

IMG_0967r2.jpg?t=1297925445

IMG_0985.jpg?t=1297791294

IMG_1006.jpg?t=1297792102

How you liking your B&W's? I want a pair for my NC28g.

day2cycle.jpg

Like the scape dude! or dudet! :unsure:

I have a habit of calling everyone dudes even if your a girl sorry.

How you liking your B&W's? I want a pair for my NC28g.

Funny thing about blue LEDs :lol:

They make normal perc's look like B&W percs haha. So yeah, I just have a normal pair of percs and they hate each other lol. I think they're too close to each other size wise.

Really, I swear they looked B&W. :lol: Yeah the reason they are acting like that is cause they are the same size.

yeah it's really annoying. I think I'm just gonna have to fish one out and get a real little one or something. Just last night the dominant one grabbed a hold of the other ones left fin and shook em' around. I was like.. honestly really.. was that necessary?

Archived