Pod Your Reef

DRY ROCK

clowe18

i want to add some dry rock to my tank to make it look more "full". Live rocks cost bank, which i dont have. wheres a good place to buy some dry rock? not online ( becuase i dont wanna have to pay S&H) and my LFS ( they dont have any) thanks for the help.

OClownsandNanos

How much do you need? If you buy from reefcleaners.org, it's free shipping for 30lbs or over for their dry rock. Otherwise your only other safe option would be to check with your local reef club and see if any of the members there have dry rock they'd be willing to sell you.

check craigs list for a little while there will be some rock that comes up. let it dry out or qt it what ever. presto. maby even keep a little extra running in a bucket . try for 3$ a lb.

i want to add some dry rock to my tank to make it look more "full". Live rocks cost bank, which i dont have. wheres a good place to buy some dry rock? not online ( becuase i dont wanna have to pay S&H) and my LFS ( they dont have any) thanks for the help.

marcorocks.com This is my favorite source of dry rock. This stuff is really light rock and really great In my opinion. I know you said you didn't want to buy online but if you can't afford free shipping then that is your problem not mine.

and even if you dont want to pay shipping reefcleaners shipping is 8 bucks which isnt bad at all considering your getting rock for 2.25 a pound

Archived