Pod Your Reef

new 28g nano hqi owner

jim_in_pa

Hello,

Just purchased a new nano 28g hqi.

also got reefkeeper lite (need to update the sid on it though)

stand (yes some of the dowels broke so i had to drill this stupid stand)

100watt heater

coming in the mail:

intank basket

jbj nano-glo fuge light

jbj clip on fan

50lbs base rock (wont use it all, but it was really cheap)

will pickup some live rock locally to seed tank once base rock arrives

tank currently setup and filled with 20lbs sand, water, salt (cloudy but clearing)

will get pictures soon, just wanted to post my initial setup and get any suggestions.

currently have a 120g native game fish tank in my wall (used to be salt), and now my 28g hqi.

thanks

Since you will be using the clip on fan you may want to look into adding an auto top off. I assume the reef keeper can help control it, not that familiar with all it's capabilities. Have fun, I have the same tank.

Since you will be using the clip on fan you may want to look into adding an auto top off. I assume the reef keeper can help control it, not that familiar with all it's capabilities. Have fun, I have the same tank.

yes the reef keeper can do an ato. I had one setup before with it, however i no longer have the sl1 module. i'd have to buy the sl1 or sl2 module for the ato, but i have the pump for it. so i just have to decide if $70 for the module or just get an ato. i figure i am good until summer to figure this out, so i have a few more months.

i know i'll be getting a goby/shrimp combo, not sure what else.

water still cloudy today. With lights on temp is about 1 degree higher.

I also have a BRS single reactor, but havent decided if i will set it up yet. I can do carbon or gfo in it.

Archived