Maxijet Pumps

Mini-Dude

If I recall correctly, two 900's have a little more flow and actually use less power (and add less heat to the aquarium in the summer months) than one 1200.

How many people do the 900's? Would two 900 provide enough flow or should I do the 1200?

MJ 900 is like 8.5w....230gph......MJ1200 is like 20w....290gph (approx)..Relatively small difference in flow but larger difference in wattage and heat transfer.

maxi jet 900 = 230gph

accela stock = 266gph

so you want to lower your return output? if anything you would want to increase, not lower...

why do you want to replace them?

I just purchased two MJ1200s for my nano cube 28 as well. I noticed that the suction cups for the pump won't fit in the back chambers. For those of you who already installed these pumps, did you use the suction cups? I was concerned about the noise levels so I haven't installed them. Also, I have heard that running two MJ1200s at the same time is too much flow for the overflow. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

I wanted to ask before I install them because it is a PITA working behind the cube.

I just purchased two MJ1200s for my nano cube 28 as well. I noticed that the suction cups for the pump won't fit in the back chambers. For those of you who already installed these pumps, did you use the suction cups? I was concerned about the noise levels so I haven't installed them. Also, I have heard that running two MJ1200s at the same time is too much flow for the overflow. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

I wanted to ask before I install them because it is a PITA working behind the cube.

I have read that water level in the tank display side will rise, due to increased output from the sump side...so watch your water level carefully...

jbj need to make a little bit more room back there...its a tight space and the overlow needs to be bigger to draw in more water from display side

Why are you taking a good pump out? I don’t think the wattage on the pump is that bad? I believe they are 18 watts. If you want a pump with good output and low watts, you should look into the Hydor Pico pumps. I have no idea if they are great/ tried and true like MJ's, but worth a mention.

Archived