Coral Vue Hydros

looking for a little more light

doc585

I am currently running the aquatic life T5 HO 4 bulb with lunar LEDs system. I have ATI aquablue special, 2 ATI blue plus, and 1 KZ fiji purple. I started venturing into the SPS realm and would like to get a little more light out of my system if possible. I searched for LED mods but did not find anything. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am currently running the aquatic life T5 HO 4 bulb with lunar LEDs system. I have ATI aquablue special, 2 ATI blue plus, and 1 KZ fiji purple. I started venturing into the SPS realm and would like to get a little more light out of my system if possible. I searched for LED mods but did not find anything. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have the same fixture, with the same bulbs (except uvl indigo sun instead of kz Fiji purp).

I have a few sps. Two acro's (one displaying nice blues), birdsnest, pocillopora, and monti caps. Every things growing. I also considered finding a way to mount led strips before trying sps but didn't have enough room. All in all I'm a happy camper "as is"

If I could've I would've made and mounted a strip of LEDs to the front and/or back with optics for par boost. Sort of like what evil did for the sunpods.

Yeah i was thinking about adding an LED strip but was not sure where to mount it or exactly how to. I will keep looking for ideas on the net

I have the same fixture, with the same bulbs (except uvl indigo sun instead of kz Fiji purp).

I have a few sps. Two acro's (one displaying nice blues), birdsnest, pocillopora, and monti caps. Every things growing. I also considered finding a way to mount led strips before trying sps but didn't have enough room. All in all I'm a happy camper "as is"

If I could've I would've made and mounted a strip of LEDs to the front and/or back with optics for par boost. Sort of like what evil did for the sunpods.

what size tank do you have?

i had a 24 inch 4 bulb fixture with two blue+, one aquablue special and one fiji purple on an 18 gallon tank and sps seemed to do find.

The tank is 30 gallons but it is 24" deep. The SPS i have in there now are doing fine, but I have them right below the water level and I was hoping to move them down some if I could get a little more light

Look into the reefbrite strips. They're more expensive than DIYs, but mount pretty easily into a canopy and can offer some extra power. If you're looking for more on the actinic side, the stunner strips are a good option, but they offer much less PAR so if you just want to move the SPS down, something like a 50:50 bulb or two may do the trick without using more spotlight style bulbs.

Look into the reefbrite strips. They're more expensive than DIYs, but mount pretty easily into a canopy and can offer some extra power. If you're looking for more on the actinic side, the stunner strips are a good option, but they offer much less PAR so if you just want to move the SPS down, something like a 50:50 bulb or two may do the trick without using more spotlight style bulbs.

ecoxotic stunner stips are better and i believe they are cheaper, also. I'm going to order two next month!=]

I like the stunner strips, I am just trying to figure out the best location to mount them, because there is no room between the bulbs inside the fixture with the reflectors. There is a gap between the two middle lights that house the lunar LEDs, if I could figure out a way to mount it there without covering the LEDs that would be ideal.

Archived