Cultivated Reef

Fluval CHI! - With video!

aggiereefer12

aggiereefer12
If you have any pictures of the build mods on the filter box it would go miles in helping with my build.

Thx

I'll see what I can do. I know I took the box that was supposed to go down in the bottom of the tank for deco and epoxied that to the top of the filter box to make it taller and be able to keep more filter media in it. Then I have my sponge and LRR in the basket sitting in that. The pump is the hard part. The worst is breaking off the "guides" that are there for the previous pump so that you get just to the part where the hose can connect. then take the top part of the minijet and it should slide right on. I first used super glue gel for this but now can remove and replace w/o needing to.

aggiereefer12
Great, thx. I guess I'll find out more once I tear into it!

I'll try and get some pics for you if you want but really i dont know how much you will be able to see or make out.

Also my tank is starting to clear up and seems I have found a source of RODI water so hopefully no more diatom blooms. Should get some new pics up soon with all the new additions!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Good stuff looking forward to seeing them.

Any luck with those pictures? I broke down the tank today and am looking to order parts this week.

Archived