Cultivated Reef

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

That answered my question on drilling ADA tanks! so thanks for the video, lol :D

are you making a glass overflow box or acrylic? and roughly how much water does that ADA tank hold?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok hd you're approching an AM style thread here post some progress pics or something man.

summa... 7 pages and no water. damn it.

There's everyone's water! :lol:

be very careful when you put that in the real tank, I did the same thing and before I knew it there were all these crazy white bugs in my tank. I had to drain it and start over three times. Don't say I didn't warn you.

HecticDialectics

I've already had a pod problem with the other set of rock I have cycling

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=261832

So I started my tank a week ago and it was all goin' pretty good

027.jpg

And then today I go to take another picture

003.jpg

The keen eye will notice my water level has dropped just around an inch!!

So I start to look at my tank closer trying to find leaks and stuff. And I see these things everywhere

007a.jpg

Are they drinking my damn tank water?! :angry:

looks like the ones I had, but they seem bigger, you do have to add water a couple times a week to be safe. really try the chemmipure, it works good, just add double of what it calls four.

What wrong with pods? They are helpful creatures. They will eat detritus and will be a source of food for your fish. I have copepods and amphipods and see my clowns hunting them every now and then. I dont think your ecosystem is complete without the pods. Some folks buy pods.

doppelganger
What wrong with pods? They are helpful creatures. They will eat detritus and will be a source of food for your fish. I have copepods and amphipods and see my clowns hunting them every now and then. I dont think your ecosystem is complete without the pods. Some folks buy pods.

They were drinking HD's water ;)

HecticDialectics

I'm not in a big hurry cause I gotta wait on my T5-Hybrid to get here before I have any lights anyway. :D

I was also deciding on skimmer options so I know how to space le baffles

reeftankguy

HD, the SWC Xtreme foot print is exact (7.25" x 6") and you will need that 6" depth of water for it,so plan those baffles out to maintain that water depth in your sump... just an fyi if you go that route

Archived