Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

HecticDialectics

OK everybody! So what material should I use for my overflow?

I was thinking either some black acrylic or black glass. I can't really use PVC and paint it cause I want to be able to scrap off coralline algae.

Your aquascaping looks like ####, IMO.

speaking of which, how's your pet rock doing?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, drilling glass was faster than I thought it would be.

Do you really talk with that heavy of a Texan accent? For some reason, I never pictured you talking with that heavy of an accent.

Drilling is alot easier than it looks! I drank a few beers then drilled, took about 25 minutes total.

Nice tank.

HecticDialectics
Do you really talk with that heavy of a Texan accent? For some reason, I never pictured you talking with that heavy of an accent.

truegrit3.jpg

lol, wtf is hole rock?
The rest of the world calls it Texas Holey Rock, most commonly used in cichlid tanks. I can see them just calling it Hole Rock in Texas.

That was fast as hell HD. It takes me more like 10 minutes to drill a hole, I am usually drilling much thicker glass though. I like to do mine flat in the bath tub with a putty ring so the weight if the drill, and gravity, is perpendicular to the tank. Nice job though in the sink. I liked that.

HecticDialectics
Ballsy ass mother####er drilling an ADA that fast. It took me over an hour to drill mine and I wasn't even drinking.... -_-

I'll add you to the list.

B)

That was fast as hell HD. It takes me more like 10 minutes to drill a hole, I am usually drilling much thicker glass though. I like to do mine flat in the bath tub with a putty ring so the weight if the drill, and gravity, is perpendicular to the tank. Nice job though in the sink. I liked that.

I was about to do it in the bathtub, but the faucet was actually too short to reach over the tank. Using the shower head briefly crossed my mind but seemed dangerous with a plugged in drill. I went from the bathtub to the sink in like 30 seconds and was all screw it, time to get 'er done! I just unplugged The Beast over there behind the tank and plugged the drill into a GFCI outlet.

HecticDialectics
i hope all us texans dont sound like that. good job though. think i can borrow that bit from you some time? im pickin up a 55-c i wanna drill

Sure, it's only a 1/2 inch tho, you may want somethin' bigger.

i like how you have a link in the first post that brings you to about halfway down the first page

really makes navigating your thread easier. kudos

HecticDialectics
:happy:

lol i normally catch those myself, totally passed over it that time!

I THINK YOUR OFF TO A GRATE START HECTICDIALIECTS!

THANK U 2 MUCH 4 WORDS OMGZ,12YEAROL'DHAUT!

Archived