Top Shelf Aquatics

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics

Do you know how hard it is to find trochus snails? These two babies basically cost me like $6 a piece after you factor in shipping from LiveAquaria :lol:

Do you know how hard it is to find trochus snails? These two babies basically cost me like $6 a piece after you factor in shipping from LiveAquaria :lol:

get some algae wafers, place them on the sand, place trochus on top. Problem fixed.

Scrape that ish

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 6
get some algae wafers, place them on the sand, place trochus on top. Problem fixed.

Scrape that ish

lol, this.

also, more corlz.

I clean one side a week for the same reason HD.

Also do you scrape the back wall? I know ppl who do and I don't understand why.

Edit: Nice tank

HecticDialectics
I clean one side a week for the same reason HD.

Also do you scrape the back wall? I know ppl who do and I don't understand why.

Edit: Nice tank

Thanks!

I haven't decided how much I'll scrap the back wall. Probably depends on how easy it is to get the coralline off the acrylic overflow with a credit card. I might get around to cleaning it next week. :lol: I'm about to go out of town so I don't want to mess with it when I won't be able to watch it for a few days after.

Another idea I had was to cut a notch for a razor blade in a wooden dowel, so I could just scrap it down every few weeks without getting my hands in the water.

also, more corlz.

Patience, grasshopper! I don't wanna be spendin' hundreds of bucks on SPS colonies with a potential move in my future.

• 2 weeks later...
HecticDialectics
lmfao

great looking tank man!

you gonna add any zoas in there?

Thanks! Probably no zoas. I'm still debating which type of SPS and how to arrange them for the best look tho. Tabling acros vs more of the baseball or xmas tree shape and where to put em etc to keep the lines of the tank proportioned.

I also cleaned the top 1/4 of the glass today. :happy: The coralline scraps right off. I might hit the rest tomorrow. :lol:

HecticDialectics

BTW the coralline coverage on the glass is somewhere around 5 to 6 times as bad as it is in that Sept 20 picture

It decided it likes my glass more than my rocks lol

BTW the coralline coverage on the glass is somewhere around 5 to 6 times as bad as it is in that Sept 20 picture

It decided it likes my glass more than my rocks lol

So what you're saying is it's now a top-down tank only? :P

HecticDialectics
So what you're saying is it's now a top-down tank only? :P

:lol: Tide pool tank!

man you guys make me want an ada tank more and more each day omgomgomg

Dooo it ;)

I might switch to the 17G ADA instead of this 10G ADA (I forget all their numbers/lettering) so my SPS will have more room to grow out. I'd basically just take the same exact rocks and stick them in the 17 in the same spot, just more room between them and the glass. -_- That won't be for at least a few months tho.

I might switch to the 17G ADA instead of this 10G ADA (I forget all their numbers/lettering) so my SPS will have more room to grow out. I'd basically just take the same exact rocks and stick them in the 17 in the same spot, just more room between them and the glass. -_- That won't be for at least a few months tho.

That would be awesome!

Also, tabling acros are the ish. I'm trying to get a hold of a nice size piece of ORA red planet locally, but no fish store around here has that or any other tabling acros.

Dooo it ;)

well then maybe i can have this one. ;)

HecticDialectics
That would be awesome!

Also, tabling acros are the ish. I'm trying to get a hold of a nice size piece of ORA red planet locally, but no fish store around here has that or any other tabling acros.

I'm lucky enough to have a LFS that actually carries a large selection of decent sized SPS. If you buy a few colonies at once shipping isn't too bad from some of the better etailers.

HD has a tank! Who knew? :)

Yeah crazy huh?! lol

i'm going to stop checking this stupid thread if there aren't more pictures.

Check back Sunday night. I'm going out of town for a few days, but Imma clean it and post updated pics when I get back.

well then maybe i can have this one. ;)

Maybe! If I do make the switch, I'll definitely sell the current tank, but I don't want to solicit any offers until I actually make the move.

• 4 weeks later...
HecticDialectics

Whoops! My tank was clean about a month ago. Ugh. I guess I'll scrap down the glass again and remember to take a picture this time. :P I might actually do a water change, too.

It basically looks exactly like it did before. But the candy cane is a little bigger and the duncan has a crapload of heads now. My candy cane hasn't been very happy. It took a nose-dive into the sand a few weeks ago and I didn't see it for two or three days cause I was out of town. Some of the smaller heads are trying to die on me now.

I'm about to go to the mall to get a haircut for the first time in years (I normally cut my own hair). I might swing by the cheapie LFS on the way home and buy some bargain bin corals cause I'm sick of not having any. Might as well let them grow out until my job-search is over.

Archived