Cultivated Reef

Should I get this?

drewbold

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/for/2188774700.html

29g bc setup as freshwater but taken down, I want to make it into a reef tank and as I have the time it takes me to type this, take a shower and leave I am hoping for a quick response as I dont have time to research atm.

If I do buy this it is possible to change to saltwater with no ill effects assuming I clean it up take out bioballs (trash them) do all the other upgrades I want to do? What will I need to clean it and make it safe for a reef. Thanks again for any quick response and sorry for being a noob :(

qwiksilver711
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/for/2188774700.html

29g bc setup as freshwater but taken down, I want to make it into a reef tank and as I have the time it takes me to type this, take a shower and leave I am hoping for a quick response as I dont have time to research atm.

If I do buy this it is possible to change to saltwater with no ill effects assuming I clean it up take out bioballs (trash them) do all the other upgrades I want to do? What will I need to clean it and make it safe for a reef. Thanks again for any quick response and sorry for being a noob :(

do it! great price... and yes to all your other questions, clean with a weak bleach solution, and rinse rinse rinse

That's a good price for a BC 29, I have a BC 29 HQI and I love it. You should be fine turning that into a reef tank as long as you clean everything, just be sure to get all the crap out of the back chambers and if it has bio balls take them out. When I had to clean out mine i just used regular water and some elbow grease. That's a good deal for that tank though you would probably want to get new Bulbs for it just so you know when to replace them. hope this helps !

Thanks so much for the quick response to both of you, I really appreciate it! I have contacted him but haven't heard a response yet and have to leave to do family stuff, hoping he will call and I can come home with a new clean up project for the night. Thanks again! WISH ME LUCK!

And as for the lights im lookin at gettin 20" sunpod for a good light that I dont have to DIY (cause I'm horrible at it) probably, but i will worry about lighting in the future, thanks again for the advice :)

Archived