Innovative Marine Aquariums

Salifert Ca test

dling

I got my test kits in yesterday Ca,Kh/Alk,No3,po4. Did the water testing this morning. All looks good except the ca. I not sure what the color of the end result really is . The instruction says the water should turn clear blue.Well it seem to be more of a regular blue ,not really clear. Im not sure if the means that my ca is really high or that the blue I see is what they mean by clear blue. I dont think it would be what I would call clear blue.

Any input would be appreciated . Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

The test tube turns blue (pretty dark) at 380 but does not really get that much lighter if I put in the rest of the solution. Between 380 and 500 there is not much of a change in the color of the solution, i never see a "clear blue"

When it goes from pink to blue (as you said a pretty dark blue) that is your calcium level. Doesn't do any good to keep adding reagent cause the blue is not going to change much at all from that point.

When it goes from pink to blue (as you said a pretty dark blue) that is your calcium level. Doesn't do any good to keep adding reagent cause the blue is not going to change much at all from that point.

Thanks, I was just wondering why it says "clear blue" in the directions when it does not even come close to that. I just starting testing using the salifert kits so I'm just making sure I understand what to look for in the Ca test.

Archived