Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chemipure

zoox

regular or elite?

Elite contains GFO to remove phosphates. I think it comes in 6.5 oz bags which would be good.

The lfs close to my job only has 10 oz, is that too big?

Nah it ain't to big I believe 10oz is rated from 20 to 50 gallons. It won't hurt the tank if that's what your worried about. Jus make sure you wash it good before placing it in your tank. Also here are you gonna place it

Well, I ended up buying the 10oz bag of regular chemi-pure at the LFS by where I work. I put it on top of the bioballs in the second chamber, anything wrong with that?

qwiksilver711
Well, I ended up buying the 10oz bag of regular chemi-pure at the LFS by where I work. I put it on top of the bioballs in the second chamber, anything wrong with that?

i'm not dissing the bioballs or anything, but you could remove them all, and just tie the chemipure onto the drip tray and have it just hanging in there, with no bioballs

qwiksilver711
I'm open to any suggestions, why get rid of them?

its an old way of doing filtration, and if not maintained properly they can cause a buildup of detrius in the tank and raise nitrates. currently the popular method is a media rack from someplace like www.mediabaskets.com, with filterfloss and chemipure. if it helps, i removed mine and use a media rack, i wont go back

Archived