Coral Vue Hydros

*Picture* Tiny looking star fish on glass

Neet

Thanks for the quick reply, I got kind of worried since after I took the picture that little thing moved to the other side of my tank.

I'm surprised it can move passed an angle without falling.

Put it this way, if you see multiple ones invading upon ANY of your zoanthids.. assuming you have any, then i would begin to worry and consider removal methods. But as long as you see them on your glass/rocks and moving across corals without staying on them for extended periods of time, you are good to go and i would suggest leaving them in. They eat film algae. That's what they ate when i had them. They were like little machines.

Builder Anthony

They breed pretty good you should be able to see little trails on the glass where they fed on algae.I can get them for like a dollar or 2.I was thinking of buying like 20.I have 2 with like a greyish brown on the top of the star,and one white with blue with lke 4 arms but it split i guess from a parent and im really not sure how many arms it will have in the end.They can take the place of snails.

Put it this way, if you see multiple ones invading upon ANY of your zoanthids.. assuming you have any, then i would begin to worry and consider removal methods. But as long as you see them on your glass/rocks and moving across corals without staying on them for extended periods of time, you are good to go and i would suggest leaving them in. They eat film algae. That's what they ate when i had them. They were like little machines.

Good to know, I'm 100% sure they came with my zoa frag.

There are also varieties that eat SPS, but the bad ones are few and far between. If you're not loosing corals and they're still alive after a month or so, it's safe to assume they're not coral eating types.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived