what epoxy from hardware store

tankcrazed

Hey,

I'm rescaping my tank a bit and super glue doesn't do the trick on the bigger sps colonies...so I need epoxy..which I hate, because my skimmer goes nuts and the water gets cloudy.

My question, what epoxy can I get from the local hardware store that'd do the trick?...my lfs sells it for 18 bucks a stick..insane..

suggestions please

?

Hey,

I'm rescaping my tank a bit and super glue doesn't do the trick on the bigger sps colonies...so I need epoxy..which I hate, because my skimmer goes nuts and the water gets cloudy.

My question, what epoxy can I get from the local hardware store that'd do the trick?...my lfs sells it for 18 bucks a stick..insane..

suggestions please

I use Loctite but i think Mighty Putty is the same thing as well

You should do a search on this, it's been brought up alot.

Personally, I've used the following brands:

Aquamend

PC Marine

JB Water weld

Most are a stick with green on the outside and white on the inside (except the water weld is grey not green)

• 5 months later...

I used JB WaterWeld last night after having to pick up after the turbo snail for 6 months. I didn't know how much was needed so I cut out about an inch off the tube. I was only able to get 3 corals glued onto the rocks before the ball of epoxy set and was rendered useless. Decided to finish the rest with SuperGlue.

There were no ill effects that I can see this morning so all is good with WW.

I also use JB Water Weld. It's easy to work with and you have 10-15min before it hardens. There is enough time to epoxy 2-3 things. Prior to that, i tried Loctite's epoxy, it also works but it hardens in like 5 minutes. Can be good... but I found it's way too fast and i end up wasting a lot of epoxy.

Phil.

Archived