inTank Media Baskets

Anyone useTarget Brand Purified water

kriskristofferzen

kriskristofferzen

Ok,

While at target I noticed they had 2.5 gallon containers of Purified water, on the label it states that it is purified by "Revers Osmosis/andor Distillation". I called the manufacturer, Roaring Spring Water Co. A manager told me it is spring water that has some trace minerals but no Chlorine, Chloramine, Flouride, or anything that is added, is undergoes one or both of the processes above.

What does everyone think about using this water to cycle a tank loaded with live rock? It is a 20 gallon long soon to be with about 20ish pounds of live rock.

Thanks

Ok,

While at target I noticed they had 2.5 gallon containers of Purified water, on the label it states that it is purified by "Revers Osmosis/andor Distillation". I called the manufacturer, Roaring Spring Water Co. A manager told me it is spring water that has some trace minerals but no Chlorine, Chloramine, Flouride, or anything that is added, is undergoes one or both of the processes above.

What does everyone think about using this water to cycle a tank loaded with live rock? It is a 20 gallon long soon to be with about 20ish pounds of live rock.

Thanks

ive used water like that for emergency top offs but i wouldnt do my whole tank with it. how much is it anyway? 5 gallons of RO costs me 3.15

kriskristofferzen

I got 3 2.5 gallon containers with water for about 7 bucks. Part of the reason is b/c the container is nice for top off storage. I might use it for my freshwater tank and refill the containers with RO/DI. Thanks, any other input?

Archived