Pod Your Reef

Matt's CADLights 22g... NOT!

Clavius85

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20L?

I might buy Jeff's 29g and stand on KYReef. Paint the stand black and then build a simple hood for it. Buy a 150w Hamilton Reefstar HQI pendant for the hood. And then use an Aquaclear 110 and/or your CPR Bakpak for filtration.

Not too shabby an idea!

It would probably cost me about the same as a new 29g HQI Biocube in the long run. But I like the look of the standard 29g tank more than the look of the Biocube. I'm so tired of cubes. At 30" in length I could really play with the MP10 and get some good water movement. Only issue with doing the standard 29g tank is that I'd have to use some sort of HOB filtration as I don't feel like drilling it and doing a sump right now.

Well I got that Aquafuge lying around, I don't know what you plan on lighting it with but the nicest part about having a AGA tank is that its all pieced together meaning you can upgrade a piece at a time.

Is a 30 too large as well? I think it's the same dimensions as the 40 but not as tall, so I imagine it would be.

If petco is still having their $1 gallon sale then you could get a brand new one for $29, wal mart has a stand that I love (don't laugh haha) I like it so much that when I got rid of the 29 I turned the stand into an end table haha. No painting required. I think it was like $50-60?

What size are you looking for? Is the Mr. Aqua 12g too long or not big enough?

I love that tank and feel like there's a LOT that could be done in a tank like that.

I believe he was looking for something larger, he had a brand new ada11g but sold it.

Yeah that ADA was sick too.

Hmm well if you're aiming in the 20 range....I'd consider a custom tank?

I love cube tanks but I wouldn't really ever want one, though the footprint sure is enticing. I just don't have the space for something that sticks out away from a wall so much. I love the 30B like Coastie said...but I imagine that's too big.

Watch some basketball later...it will come to you. :)

picoaquariums.com just saying

I wish I had known about these tanks before I bought my JBJ Picotope. I'm very tempted to buy a Barracuda now...
picoaquariums.com just saying

picoaquariums makes some HOT tanks.

+1

His eBay store makes me uneasy. Such great prices and awesome dimensions.

His eBay store makes me uneasy. Such great prices and awesome dimensions.

What ebay store?

And why uneasy?

picoaquariums makes some HOT tanks.

And you have to trust someone that has just shy of 28,000 posts

#### I was thinking of advance acrylics. Uneasy because I want to buy them all...especially the 100g+ ones.

eBay Store - AA

Both make great tanks.

I forgot that Hype has a picoaq tank. It looks really well made too.

I went to the Petco in Frankfort yesterday and it looked like the dollar per gallon sale was over. As of now my plan is to do the 29g. I'll use an Aquaclear 110 for filtration with the heater and my Tunze 9002 skimmer in it. For lighting I will build a canopy and use a Hamilton 150w HQI Reefstar. What do you guys think? Am I forgetting anything?

Heater and skimmer in the ac110?

Yeah, I think it will work.

You're forgetting my Aquafuge pro of course.

Well, I already have the Tunze 9002 skimmer.

Which you could sell to help pay for the aquafuge haha.... Or maybe we can work out some sort of trade if the Tunze will fit in my new tank?

Archived