Pod Your Reef

Matt's CADLights 22g... NOT!

Clavius85

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following this and I feel for you. It is quite difficult to shipt a tank via a regular carrier. FedEx/UPS. In my opinion tanks should be shipped freight.

RSM doest a GREAT job of shipping their units.

I don't blame this on UPS. I blame it on the poor packaging. You should have seen the way my 11g Green Leaf tank was packaged. There was no way it could break. This thing on the other hand...

Surprisingly I'm not that mad. I just don't know what to do now. I've emailed Eddie at CADLights with a picture of the tank. So we'll see what he says. But this Friday it will have been a month since I originally placed the order.

Johnny Bananas

Dude I would have lost it on them them way before this. Def a kick in the nutz. Now you have a chance to do the 40B!

Cheapreef27

I was actually thinking of doing a pico with the 4g over the summer. No way thats happening now, with all these bad stories

Dude I would have lost it on them them way before this. Def a kick in the nutz. Now you have a chance to do the 40B!

You know I can't do a 40B!

I was actually thinking of doing a pico with the 4g over the summer. No way thats happening now, with all these bad stories

Yeah, I can't recommend CADLights after all this.

Man that sucks clav!i had the same thing happen to the 39 gallon cadlights i ordered over a year ago..in all fairness eddie sent another one right out and the second one was delivered with no issues. I totally understand if you just want your money back to order something else....

Go to the store and get yourself a 29 gallon, 40 dollar, aqueon or perfecto.

That would require me to either A: use a HOB filter (which I absolutely hate). OR B: drill the tank and setup a sump. I refuse to do the former and I WAS setting up an 11g Green Leaf tank that I drilled. However I simply didn't and still don't have the time to set it up. Which is why I decided to go with the CADLights, because it is an all-in-one.

Also, received a response from Eddie at CADLights. While, based on my experience, I don't recommend ordering from them. Kudos to him for giving me a full refund PLUS sending me a shipping label to return the light fixture back with.

I totally understand if you just want your money back to order something else....

Only problem is figuring out what tank to order instead! That's the biggest bummer to me at the moment because I have no clue what I should get. :(

What other size tanks were you interested in?

I'd love to do a 40B. But I don't think I can get away with doing one (I'm living with my parents while going back to college). And I was trying to find an all-in-one tank that was longer rather than the cube-style. Which is why I went for the CAD 22g as I really liked the dimensions. I don't really have a problem with getting something like a 29g BioCube. The only issue is that the stock lighting is weak and I don't know what I would do for higher power lighting since 20" is kind of an odd light length.

You could always go with the finnex 20 gallon

I've seen that on PremiumAquatics. It looks nice. Only issue I have with it is that it is acrylic. I've never owned an acrylic tank before and would be worried about scratching it.

You could ask chris over at picoaquariums to make you a custom one with those dimensions and he could totally make the overflow area to your specifications...(he uses glass)

You could ask chris over at picoaquariums to make you a custom one with those dimensions and he could totally make the overflow area to your specifications...(he uses glass)

Dang, I forgot about him. Looking at his site The Ridge 24 might work for me.

Also, to add to a crappy day I just noticed that my Citron Goby in my pico is dead. :(

ColorMeBlue

Sorry to hear about the tank disaster! What a disappointment!

I'm still waiting for the skimmer I ordered from them and any email back about when they plan to ship that and my replacement tank. :P

Pretty tanks but methinks they really need to work a bit on dealing with customers.

Damn dude...I'm real sorry I can't imagine how upsetting that box was to open.

What about the Mr. Aqua 12L? That's a small tank you could make a killer peninsula out of and just run a single 2-bulb T5 fixture.

Archived