ReefCleaners.org

Matt's CADLights 22g... NOT!

Clavius85

Thanks for that suggestion. I suspected that might be the case as when it's cooler it sort of pops back in *almost*. I think it's a hair too big so when it warms up with the warmer water, it's just enough to stress it to flex and pop away from the glass. Still going to bug Eddie though, since despite his assurances it's under warranty, he still owes me a skimmer and the hinges he promised he'd mail. :P Definitely needs to work on his customer focus.

I hear you on the CS. I will post a pic of my cad22 when I get home. It is about 9mo now. I just moved from PA to NC so I have not had the funds to stock it very well yet but I do have some nice pieces in there.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to decided between the 22g and the new 18G cube Led they have,..decisions, decisions... any who Hope they deliver your tank soon,..

Just tried calling CADlights directly. Phone just rang and rang and rang, no answer. I feel like I'm getting the run around. So I guess it's time to contact PayPal. Hopefully that will get their attention.

PayPal dispute opened. :angry:

This sucks. I was getting ready to buy the 22g but I think I will hold off based on your experience. Too bad because they are good looking AIOs but I expect far better service than you are getting. Hopefully the paypal dispute will set them straight.

I ordered the cad 50g on 2/5 and I have heard everything from "it will be ready to ship next week" " some pieces or being help up in customs" "your package is being put together and will be ready asap". Emailed Eddie today and no response. I am starting to get really frustrated with them!

This sucks. I was getting ready to buy the 22g but I think I will hold off based on your experience. Too bad because they are good looking AIOs but I expect far better service than you are getting. Hopefully the paypal dispute will set them straight.

I think holding off is a wise decision. At least, at this point in time. Maybe they will get their #### together.

I ordered the cad 50g on 2/5 and I have heard everything from "it will be ready to ship next week" " some pieces or being help up in customs" "your package is being put together and will be ready asap". Emailed Eddie today and no response. I am starting to get really frustrated with them!

If you paid with PayPal you may want to open a dispute as you have 45 days to do so from the time of payment. After you open a dispute you may escalate it to a claim to get PayPal more formally involved in case you want a refund.

Eddie just responded to the email I sent earlier (this is outside of the PayPal dispute, they may not be aware of it yet). He said he has contacted FedEx about the tank being missing. Supposedly the package with the tank ships with the box containing the light strapped to the top. He also said FedEx has sent out a "tracer and call tag" for the missing tank. Whatever that means. So hopefully this is just a case of FedEx screwing up. To be fair to CADLights, the tracking info Eddie sent me said the package weighed 20lbs. And there's no way the box the light came in weighed that much. To be continued...

UPDATE: Got another email from Eddie moments ago. He doesn't think FedEx is going to find the missing tank. So he says he'll ship another one out to me tomorrow.

Man I am so sorry for your experience. This is really bad press for CADlights. I don't regret buying my tank at this point. I hope it was just a mixup with FEDEX or an exception in their service.

I didnt even mention that they charged my credit card $1300 3 EXTRA times not including the initial purchase! Needless to say my wife was p!$$ed. It took around 6 days to get the $3900 back

Man I am so sorry for your experience. This is really bad press for CADlights. I don't regret buying my tank at this point. I hope it was just a mixup with FEDEX or an exception in their service.

I just want to be clear that I'm not out to bash CADLights in anyway. I'm simply relaying what is going on with my purchase. But it sounds like I'm not the only one who is having trouble with them at the moment. To be fair to CADLights Eddie is responding to my emails. It may take him awhile but he is responding. I opened the PayPal dispute as a precautionary measure in case I needed to get my money back.

I didnt even mention that they charged my credit card $1300 3 EXTRA times not including the initial purchase! Needless to say my wife was p!$$ed. It took around 6 days to get the $3900 back

Ouch. That sucks! :o

I'm not bashing either just ready for it to be here! lol Eddie has always responded to me as well..not always as fast as i would like. I ordered mine with thier new remote led system and it wasnt even supposed to ship till the 2/18. I will be curious to see if this light is capable of supporting anything?!

I just want to be clear that I'm not out to bash CADLights in anyway.

No no, I didn't mean it in that way. If there service is in fact going down the hill, I'm all for the public knowing about it. I read reviews on ALL products I buy. I hope this all works out for you in the end Matt.

Ben

No no, I didn't mean it in that way. If there service is in fact going down the hill, I'm all for the public knowing about it. I read reviews on ALL products I buy. I hope this all works out for you in the end Matt.

Ben

I didn't meant to imply anything. I just wanted to make clear to anybody reading this thread that this is just my experience. However, I thank everybody for chiming in with their own experiences!

I talked to cadlights earlier this morning. The fact that whomever answered the phone answered as "yeah" makes me slightly nervous... I had to ask if it was Cadlights before I got an aknowledgment as to whom I was speaking to.

Anyway, the person (Eddie? no idea) said the latest batch of was getting tested over the weekend, boxed today, and sent out tomorrow. Which makes me wonder if they never even sent your tank and was stalling.

Cadlights site says the 22g T5HO weighs 30lbs, so unless the site was wrong it is most certainly more then 20lbs.

Sounds more to me like they've gotten a bit over their heads in popularity and are having issues growing to meet it. Now's the time to expand before their rep becomes unrepairable! And staying in tough with their customers would help. Their site does say that orders ship within 2 days of being processed after all. Maybe I should ask for free shipping now considering.

Thanks for the input jeth. I tried calling them today around 5PM (EST) and the phone just rang and rang.

As for the part about the tanks just being finished and boxed up I got that line on February 16th.

Oh man. Seems like they never bought into the "underpromise and over-deliver" concept. This is not good for them. Sorry if we are dirtying up your tank thread Matt. If you need, I can delete all my posts :).

Oh man. Seems like they never bought into the "underpromise and over-deliver" concept. This is not good for them. Sorry if we are dirtying up your tank thread Matt. If you need, I can delete all my posts :).

More like overpromise and under-deliver!

Nah, you don't need to delete anyhthing.

well im glad you're not getting the run around anymore

when is the new tank going to get to you?!?!

Who knows... if they actually ship it tomorrow then I should probably get it by the end of the week. Depending on what shipping method they choose. Next day air sure would be nice!

Have you gotten to use your badass telescope for anything yet? I feel like that could really make all of this stress okay. Black holes and stars and planets and #### oh yeah.

Ya! Did you check out any rain clouds?! HAHA what a crap week for you Matt. I am sorry! Maybe you should just set up the 11G for the hell of it.

Have you gotten to use your badass telescope for anything yet? I feel like that could really make all of this stress okay. Black holes and stars and planets and #### oh yeah.

Nope. Haven't really been able to use the scope. The weather here has been pretty bad of late.

Ya! Did you check out any rain clouds?! HAHA what a crap week for you Matt. I am sorry! Maybe you should just set up the 11G for the hell of it.

:lol:

NO! I refuse to setup the 11g! Besides, I offered to donate it towards the tank for the children at the UK Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic. I don't know if KYReef will end up using it or not but I don't want to renege on offering it.

I offered to donate it towards the tank for the children at the UK Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic. I don't know if KYReef will end up using it or not but I don't want to renege on offering it.

The UK hospital already had a tank. That's where the idea came from because all it is currently being used for is making bubbles.

Archived