Innovative Marine Aquariums

Matt's CADLights 22g... NOT!

Clavius85

Also just to let you know the light that I was talking about the almost set my house on fire they do not offer it anymore. It was the 110PC not the 96w t-5 that you are getting. Even with the two things that went wrong with mine I still like the cad22 but because of them telling me they would send something and they didnt is the only reason I will not buy from them again. I have also heard some good things about them on here as well. I hope that my case is a rare one and something just got messed up with mine.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 12 gallon CAD was shipped with two left legged hinges for the cheap light fixture. They were fairly quick to ship me two new hinges, one of each. Of course this was almost 2 years ago. The only other complaint I have is that the stock pump recently went out and I put a MJ-600 in to replace it. Every tank I've read about has it's issues.

I've been thinking about ordering one of these... will pay attention to this thread first, please take lots of pictures of everything!

Will do... if I ever receive the tank! Hopefully it will be delivered today. In which case I will feel sorry for the UPS man as my new 8" dobsonian telescope will also be delivered today. Lots of big heavy boxes! :o

Hoping it gets delivered today... fingerscrossed

EDIT:... and in ONE PIECE!

How odd. They gave me a tracking number for my tank. Though Eddie said it was under warranty (the back wall had peeled away from the sump) and they'd send me a replacement, but I've heard nothing since, and still waiting on the back-ordered skimmer. Good luck!

How odd. They gave me a tracking number for my tank. Though Eddie said it was under warranty (the back wall had peeled away from the sump) and they'd send me a replacement, but I've heard nothing since, and still waiting on the back-ordered skimmer. Good luck!

Yeah so far I'm really not impressed with CADLights... :angry:

Yeah so far I'm really not impressed with CADLights... :angry:

I've spoken with Eddie on the phone and he seemed pretty good. I think they need to work a bit on communication and follow-through, which seems weak. He *does* call back and he does respond to emails, even though it may take a bit before he does, I've found. I plan to drop him a note about both tank and skimmer soon if I continue to hear nothing further. Wanted to give them some time, since I know the new batch of tanks were curing.

What's most important to me is quality of construction. I've head some iffy things about their stands, but it looks like their tanks and sumps are second to none. I really want to go LED, and I'm not sure that their fixtures are the best around; ditto for the skimmers. I guess we'll see... At this point I'd like to order a 39g pro, just the tank, sump, stand, plumbing and maybe return pump. However, I hear they don't sell it outside of a package...

Thats no joke^

Where are you going to mount that thing?

Yeah this thing is the real deal. Not some cheap ass "telescope" from wally world.

What do you mean mount it?

Sweeeeet ass telescope.

Can you take some pictures through that thing or anything awesome?

Sucks about the tank man...sorry!

I'll see if I can get any pictures through it. It may be awhile though. I'm pretty new to the astronomy hobby and it looks like it's going to be cloudy for the next several days. :(

Man every time I see one of these I want one! Sleek and sexy. Good luck with the build!

Thanks! Maybe someday the tank will actually be delivered...

argghhhh have you called them yet?! WTF! How long ago was the order placed?

According to Eddie it was supposed to be shipped last Thursday. I placed the original order two weeks ago.

Sent another email to Eddie at CADLights asking if my tank has shipped and if so when I can expect it to be delivered. If I don't hear back from them by tomorrow I'm going to open a dispute with PayPal.

Archived